X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is MMORPG the Future of Gaming?

Hey, fellow minority MMORPGers!

Minority? WTSamHill?

According to the article here, we represent a tiny fraction of th gaming community.

However - we, like Luke Skywalker, are it's only hope.

And for this reason it's important for EA to get to grips with the CRM (customer relationship management), rather than leaving us feeling much like a freshwoman after a night of Rohypnol. :shakehead:

Your comments are welcome.

Re: Is MMORPG the Future of Gaming?

Played many MMO's to death, as have alot of people i know.

The novelty wears off after awhile. EA will keep bringing out games, and no matter how many people say their CRM is crap, they will still go out and buy them.

As for the CRM, i don't believe it is all that bad. We've received plenty of patches, the stats maybe down now, but this is the first time since the release of the game. Compared to MMO's server uptime greatly beats them.

We may be the minority, but quality over quantity, eh?

Comment

imo

mmorpgs suck

so no

Comment

RPGS are great and we all knows its only a limited ammount of time before the MMORPG,FPS and Strategy genres are all brought into one huge game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sars99 View Post
          imo

mmorpgs suck

so no
          X2.....

Comment

BF2 already uses the MMO formula, by repeatedly rewarding players for minor accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
              BF2 already uses the MMO formula, by repeatedly rewarding players for minor accomplishments.
              Or grinding, killing the same noob 12 times in a row :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Stemnin View Post
                Or grinding, killing the same noob 12 times in a row :laugh:
                Grinding implies something that is boring, that you do over and over.

Owning a noob 12 times in a row is too fun

Comment

I have a job; therefore, I do not feel the need to work another job in a fictional universe farming/ hunting/ anything else MMORPG e.i. WOW and the likes!

Comment

This doesn't take into account many PC game genres, most notably RTS games.

Comment

Originally posted by amndunncw View Post
                      I have a job; therefore, I do not feel the need to work another job in a fictional universe farming/ hunting/ anything else MMORPG e.i. WOW and the likes!
                      Exactly why I quit WoW, and exactly why I picked this game up. I don't want my ability in a video game to be limited by a grind/time factor. For example, you could be the best player to have ever played WoW, but unless you put in X amount of time to attain the highest level of equipment, players of lesser skill and ability will beat you very often because they spent the time to get said equipment.

Then it gets to a point where your "skill" in game is just a measure of how long you've played, and not actually HOW you've played it. THAT is the MMO formula.

Comment

yeah, i gotta admit - once i get to sarge levels the feeling of accomplishment hits the skids.

i already restarted as a noobie noob private.

it's facing that long plateau of points before the next 'hit'.

why bother, when you can invent a new 'character' with an amusing name?

i think this also relates to the poll here.

BTW - did anyone read the article from my original post?

Comment

The FPS market is shrinking. Shooters used to be the bread and butter of PC developers, but these days MMORPGs seem to be the "in" thing. For good reason too, imagine how much money Blizzard is making per month. 6+ million x $15.

Comment

Considering that guy spends his whole time associating Quake with the XBOX, and comparing next-gen consoles, I don't think he has remotely any credibility.

PC gaming isn't dying out. It's a pipe dream for him. What will happen, if it "dies out" is that everything shifts towards open source. More h4x0rz, yes. Free games? Yay! 100% modability? Yay!

Comment

First Person Shooter, always.

Comment

Working...
                              X