BF2 Crash on Start up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Crash on Start up.

Hi all, Its been awhile since I've played BF2, "upgraded" (if you can call it that) to BF2142 awhile back and uninstalled BF2 about a month ago due to lack of use and space. I installed BF2 again today but everytime I attempt to start the game it gets to the load screen with the big "BATTLEFIELD 2" and then a black screen which promptly turns back to the desktop. I tried using the search function but that didn't help. So if anyone could give me an idea of what the problem could be or send me a link that might help I would enjoy the help.

Thanks in advance
    ~Cpt. Ford

Re: BF2 Crash on Start up.

more info needed;

system specs?
    XP or Vista?
    patched?
    Latest drivers?

Comment

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 1.92 GHZ
      1.25 GB RAM
      Running XP Service Pack 2
      GeForce 6600 GT OC 128 MB

Trying to run without any patch.
      Like I said I'm trying to install it again since I uninstalled it about a month ago (it worked then) and I haven't changed anything since then.

~Cpt. Ford

Comment

Bump.

Comment

my friend has the same problem.

anyone know what to do?

Comment

i had the same problem on my laptop but it was the video card. yours looks like it should be okay..

does 2142 still work?

Comment

same here...and i didnt DO anything except buying an LCD screen...

celeron 2.4
              ati 9550 (not the drivers i updated them and still not working)
              1 gb ram
              xp

Comment

Yah, 2142 works fine? As for your problem ViSkY, I think I read somewhere that sometimes when you change monitors the refresh rate is different and that might play a part in why your game might not work?

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ford View Post
                  Yah, 2142 works fine? As for your problem ViSkY, I think I read somewhere that sometimes when you change monitors the refresh rate is different and that might play a part in why your game might not work?
                  this should be it. make sure you load the game at a default resolution bf2 supports or the splash screen will disappear without the game starting up

Comment

Well I re-installed using my friends CD's and installed in another drive and it now starts only problem is now it is extremly laggy, even when everthing is set on low? And for anyone else with it still crashing you might try uninstalling going to you My Documents and deleting the BF2 folder and then re-installing.

Wish I could help more.
                    ~Cpt. Ford

Comment

THX IT WORKS i just deleted my profile folder in my doc...DDD

Comment

Working...
                      X