Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - Beta Client (very soon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - Beta Client (very soon)

the stats thing isnt like BF2 its different,

you earn XP during the rounds doing various tasks/missions, using any kit or weapon during this ie not swapping all the time you will get unlocks per say but there like tweaks for you & your weapons, like you run faster you might get a small health bonus your rocket launcher will lock on to targets faster things like that there is no unlockable weapons from what i can see,

Comment

There is still persistent stat tracking.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
        Is it true that there is NO in game VoIP?

If so.. ROFL!

I like how they drop all of this crap this close to release.

Stats, advertising, and no VoIP..

gg.

Yep. It's a beta, so hopefully a lot of things will be changed. It locks to 60HZ when you first load - not nice. The animations are all locked at 30fps - not nice. The framerate is usually capped at 30fps even if your PC can handle far more. You can't ALT+TAB out the game (yay!). The squads are useless, even more so than BF2 - no VOIP and whatnot. The vehicles have to be the worst I have seen, they literally play like toys and turning is in 10 degree increments - I kid you not. Weapon sounds? Don't make me laugh. It's like a pea shooter. Megatexture blurs up when you zoom in with anything and the Strogg zoom is all pixellated like a camera's digital zoom.

The pros, however are good - superb graphics aside from lighting, PERFECT game balance (aside from the morons who have never played a game like this whining about running speed *sigh*), and the weaponry, or more appropriately, the layout is superb. Gameplay is very fast. The gameplay is superb, but minor UI and physics (?) problems make it excruciating to play at this time.

Oh, and stats are nothing like in BF2, they're not the kind you can really pad away, and nobody gives half a ****e about them in-game.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
          ... The framerate is usually capped at 30fps even if your PC can handle far more. You can't ALT+TAB out the game (yay!). ...
          you can alt-tab out, but you need to enable the console first by adding a command to startup shortcut (see my post over at totalqw). then once in-game, drop the console and use alt-enter.

I also heard there was a command to unlock the framrate cap. I'm going to try that tomorrow when I get home.
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

alt-ctrl-~ will open the console.

com_showfps 1 (shows frames)
            com_unlock_maxfps 100 (defualt 60)

Yes you can alt-ent to window mode and then alt-tab just fine.
            However, doing this causes your frames to lock at 30 no matter what command you enter.

Comment

I know the ALT+Enter trick but that's crippled in some way also.

Comment

It's so great, especially because the didn't include the main reason why stats kill teamplay, they don't track deaths, so no kd. When I'm lying dead on the floor really every medic jumps to me and revives me, not matter how many enemies are around me.

Comment

They do track deaths (as tapouts). K/D doesn't kill teamplay, otherwise we would have had every game prior to BF2 collapse - badges and whatnot do.
                  The reason every medic revives is because nobody can actually aim in this game :laugh:

It's like Unreal Tournament and BF2 combined, if anything. Proning is too nerfed.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
                    Is it true that there is NO in game VoIP?
                    There is the bind is in the key-config for it, it hasn't been implemented yet by the looks of it although I haven't tested it.

Comment

No VOIP. I think it's bound to ALT in the original config but when you press it, nothing happens.

Comment

So how would I be able to play it without a subscription?

And does this game have the potential to suck or own? Plus, hows the air and vehicular aspect in the game? Are they force multipliers or just extra health bars?

Comment

played the beta. conclusion

1-if your more for tactical realism or somthing like pr. or even bf gameplay. ul be dissapointed (but try qw cus it might be wat your looking for)

2-if you like fast paced. run and gun\w some tactics(really only heavy tactics come out in clans in this sort of game) bunyhopping. andcircle straffing etc the classic quake and tourny style combat then this is the perfect game for u cus its got more stuff. and accuracy isnt really effected so tactical stances dont do squat . ur usually better of rushing in(flanking or other guns blazing with ur team getting in the fight from all angles.

i personally am option 1
                          and i am sorely dissapointed. its nothing like battlefield(and alot of people wanted bf style but better) it aint even close. but if u think youl like it give it a shot. but if you love anything like pr. well this is on the other side of the universe in terms of gameplay. all i had to do was get into a circle strafing match and i knew this just wasnt what it was advertized as(to people un famillar with quakestyle or enemy territory games the game sure looked like a bf but better game)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                            So how would I be able to play it without a subscription?

And does this game have the potential to suck or own? Plus, hows the air and vehicular aspect in the game? Are they force multipliers or just extra health bars?
                            Go sign up for Fileplanet, it should be free now (3 days).

It has the potential for both.

Ground vehicles are force multipliers but you need to keep moving because usually, the whole enemy team has about 6 artillery cannons locking you (yes, really!). Air vehicles are extra health bars. Immense firepower but they go out like flies. One rocket and you die. Bind the "decoy" button to something better (default is 1).

Forget about soloing because it's DCon style - the pilot in the only "helicopter" in the game has all the toys and the gunner has a pea-shooter. It hovers perfectly still, so if you're good at aiming, you can send death from above

And of course, seat switching is easy. Bind it to Mouse 4 (rear thumb) on an MX518 and go nuts with soloing. Every vehicle can be soloed, perfectly well.

Oh and Spartan is correct, there's no BF2 style gameplay in this

Don't know why there's leaning in this game, that's probably the most ridiculous thing. If anyone has the beta, get rid of those binds and use the keys for something else. Nobody is slow enough to be killed by some moron leaning out of a corner in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                              It's like Unreal Tournament and BF2 combined, if anything. Proning is too nerfed.
                              Like bf2...?
                              I think they are totaly different, except the vehicles(vehicles are normal in wars). It's like W:ET with vehicles and deployables.

Comment

I mean the vehicles and crap of BF2 but the gameplay of UT.

Comment

Working...
                                X