Clear All

• Highest Video Settings - Help

Well, I have a really good laptop and it's very new. Here is what I know:

256MB NVIDIA VIDEO CARD
    1 AMD DUAL-CORE PROCESSER
    At least 6GB of free space
    1GB RAM

-----------------------------------

If you need me to be specific, let me know. Anyway, when I put my overall graphic settings on high, the graphics are really bad and the game is slow. I would think that it should run with really well with high graphics, but for some reason, it's not. Any suggestions?

- Haku

Re: Highest Video Settings - Help

What speed is the processor?

Comment

Laptop gfx chips tend to be far less imposing than their desktop counterparts even when they share the same name, which gfx chipset is it? Anything less than about a 7600go will never play the game well on high. The 1gb ram wont help either, it takes about 1.3gb to run all on high and bear in mind if your gfx are turbocache like a 6150-6200 or x1300 etc, you will lose a bit more ram to that.

Comment

Originally posted by UNDIESRULES View Post
        Laptop gfx chips tend to be far less imposing than their desktop counterparts even when they share the same name, which gfx chipset is it? Anything less than about a 7600go will never play the game well on high. The 1gb ram wont help either, it takes about 1.3gb to run all on high and bear in mind if your gfx are turbocache like a 6150-6200 or x1300 etc, you will lose a bit more ram to that.
        What's the easiest way to find what gfx chipset it is?

Ok. My video card is an NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150. Do you have any advice on what I could do and what are highest graphics settings to set each graphics setting on?

Originally posted by j0k3rs.wild View Post
        What speed is the processor?
        I am very sure my processor is fast. I'm not sure where to find the speed though. Could you tell me where to find the speed?

Comment

If you go to Start/Run and type in dxdiag, then hit enter/return, you will have a window pop up which will tell you all about your computer. It will tell you the processor type and speed and whether its a dual core or single core. Also it will tell you the display adapter. (gfx chip)

TBH the 6150 are fine for less intensive games but will not run demanding games on realy high settings. You should manage a few on medium though. But mostly on low. Dont increase textures past low though as you simply wont have the ram to be able to support this, if its a 6150 go it will borrow from the system ram.

Comment

If you go to Start/Run and type in dxdiag, then hit enter/return, you will have a window pop up which will tell you all about your computer. It will tell you the processor type and speed and whether its a dual core or single core. Also it will tell you the display adapter. (gfx chip)

TBH the 6150 are fine for less intensive games but will not run demanding games on realy high settings. You should manage a few on medium though. But mostly on low. Dont increase textures past low though as you simply wont have the ram to be able to support this, if its a 6150 go it will borrow from the system ram.
            Ok. Thank you.

Below is my processor information if you have any comments or suggestions or anything.
            Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz

Comment

You could try the amd dual core optimiser, wont help gfx but can help other things.

Comment

Working...
              X