extreme fps lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extreme fps lag

i dont know what it is but when I load bf2 it takes extremely long for map to load (like 3 mins) and when I get in game sometimes my game just lags so bad.. its a wierd kind of fps lock up lag, like where it will freeze for a sec and the sound will looop then unfreeze and keep doing that

i have 2 7600 GT's and my settings for BF2 are default, I can play 2142 at full settings maxed with fps lag so I don't know what is up

Re: extreme fps lag

Hi all. I have the same issue. The game is working fine, suddently, the screen freezes and the sound loops, for a second or less. This happens often, wrecking the whole gameplay.

I'm using medium video settings, with no dynamic light or shadows. The sound is in software mode.

I think this issue came with 1.41 patch.

My specs are:
    Processor: Sempron 3100+ @ 2.6Ghz
    Ram: 1GB DDR400
    Graphics: GeForce 6800XT @ 6800GS with 128 MB VRAM
    Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

I used to play with high video settings (w/o dynamic light/shadows) and hardware hight sound with no problems. (60fps)

Thanks for any help.

Regards.

PS: I'm using a fresh install.

Comment

yea sometimes I will connect and I will play with no lag but 99% of time i can't even put my mouse over which team to join before the curser gets stuck for a second screen and the sound loops, also people on ventrilo loop too, it happens when vent is off too though

Comment

I got the same problem, not so long thou, but the 'stuttering' is still annoying even at 80~100fps @ full max settings (it doesn't drop, or it doesn't show in counter).

I usually use TeamSpeak, doesn't loop thou (prolly 'cause of the second CP core), it's just the game.

My Specs:
        CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2GHz (happens at 2.4GHz too)
        MEM: TeamElite 2GB 667 @ 800MHz
        GPU: ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB | Catalysts 7.4
        SND: SB Audigy Platinum | kX Audio Drivers 3538

Comment

Working...
        X