Help -- Crashing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help -- Crashing!

My BF2 is crashing every time i play it. When i press the BF2 icon to play it, it goes into the game like it's gonna play, then it goes back to my desktop? ANY HELP!?

Re: Help -- Crashing!

Using my ability to peer into your system across my modem, I have concluded that a stray opossum has wandered into your PC, and everytime your hard drive strikes the sector where BF2 is located, a power surge shocks him on his opossum bottom, causing him to jump and jar your optical drive tray where the CD is located, thereby tripping a false signal that you're trying to use an Unofficial Shareware BF2 disk. Voila! CTD=No Explanation for Unofficial Shareware.

Not rly.

Post your computer specifications, clear your BF2 cache (file is under my documents\bf2\mods if I remember correctly), update your drivers, update direct x, and if you've just patched and had previously done the mod where you renamed your BF2.exe to something else (increases performance with some computers for some reason), then rename it back and repatch.

Have you recently added any video hardware? New LCD or GPU? Firewall changes?

Comment

Originally posted by megawhompertoo View Post
      Have you recently added any video hardware? New LCD or GPU? Firewall changes?
      Yeah my first thoughts were on his monitor and furthermore resolution. I had that problem when I was fooling around in some vid.con files trying to get my game in 1680x1050@60herts...

But like mega said, dxdiag us with your system specs... shine some light on the void.

Comment

thx for the help, no i havnt added anything latley

Comment

Working...
        X