Patching predicament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patching predicament

I am in a spot of trouble as far as patching is concerned. I have lost my CD key for BF2, but I found my old hard drive with BF2 on it, so I could play it again. I copied the folder off my old hard drive and on to my new one, and wipes my old hard drive. After opening the game I found out it is version 1.0.x and there a few servers on this version (no good ones). I downloaded the patch for 1.41 and tried to install... I am told it can't find my BF2 install... I can't reinstall my BF2 because I have no CD key (I DID buy it and I DID have a CD key, I just lost it)

What should I do? I really wanna play online again, single player is too easy and restrictive...

Re: Patching predicament

Get a new version of BF....

Comment

Originally posted by Link_2007 View Post
      Get a new version of BF....
      But that costs money... and I'd rather not spend money on a game I already have bought...

Comment

You can't just copy the folder because it won't give your new PC the registry keys that it needs.

You have to reinstall or you're sol as far as I know. If you had kept the old HD you could have explored the registry and found your CD Key, too late now though.

Comment

Working...
        X