Net connection and ping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Net connection and ping

I'm interested what's your net speed and what's your ping when playing Battlefield and also how much do you pay for such a net?

Re: Net connection and ping

And I pay FAR TOO MUCH for it, although I am waiting for my FREE upgrade to 20meg

Comment

£20 - But thats divided between broadband, land-line phone and cable T.V.

Comment

Work internet :P I'll have to redo this when I get home.

Comment

See my sig
          I have no worries about ping, in fact I can even connect to US servers without worrying too much 100-110 for most East coast servers. Oh and I pay 43 pounds per month and that includes TV and phone.

Comment

My speedtest- take a look at signature; I pay for it about 33$, so this in comparison to other countries a ****^n Lot

20meg- wow- in Poland the fastest net is 6meg

Comment

The company I'm with has just rolled out 20meg speeds, before it got took over there was talk that within 5 years it could reach 70meg :shock:

Comment

That's really crazy, normal user which download and play games won't reach all its net power. One film in HD will download in one second- lol, but the server also have to be some strong
                As i see in speedtest.net the fastest net is 23723 kb/s, and 70meg is about 72000kb/s.

Comment

I'd say it'll get here a lot quicker than 5 years.
                  Think about how fast broadband has progressed in the last few years. :shock:

But for home use, is there currently any need for it?

Comment

For home use it's fully unnecessary, it's only usefull for servers. I think that 5meg net is adequate for home use.

Comment

I did this test Its ok. I would say that it gets me BF2 with no lag on my end. Price is about $40 a month. . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Wow, poor me on 1mbps!

Can't wait to move to BE, but PIPEX is very nice and reliable.

And f*cking lazy, hence no free upgrade to 8mbps.

Ping is from 17ms (on some CS servers it goes to 5ms!) to 140+ms.

On the low pinged servers, BF2 feels too easy and noobish, but on the 130ms servers (Dallas) it's frustrating at best.

Comment

I get lag a lot. I have this lag that pisses me off where its like im holding down a key (moving, shooting etc..) but im not...So say Im going to get closer to this guy and prone and kill him...well I'll keep running at him and he'll kill me...I hate that lag.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrenalynFreek View Post

I get lag a lot. I have this lag that pisses me off where its like im holding down a key (moving, shooting etc..) but im not...So say Im going to get closer to this guy and prone and kill him...well I'll keep running at him and he'll kill me...I hate that lag.
                            How you can have a lag with your connection. What's your ping then? I have 520kb/s net and I play on Hardwareschotte server(bf2 demo) which is about 650km from me, I have average ping at 56-65- no sufficient lags :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by AckAck View Post
                              The company I'm with has just rolled out 20meg speeds, before it got took over there was talk that within 5 years it could reach 70meg :shock:
                              Bastard, im moving to London
                              This is mine, bout an hour and a half from London. Ignore the 50 miles distance, thats a load of bull ****

Nowhere near as good as yours, but its more than enough for what i need.
                              As for price, from BT it costs £26.99, which comapred to a lot of you guys is expensive
                              Yes skaggy, that way ill be able to download even more crap (jks. i download all my music, as an album in a torrent, and i download films every now and then) and ill be able to do it faster

Comment

Working...
                              X