Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you who remember Ghost Recon and R6.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you who remember Ghost Recon and R6.

The originals - not the dumbed down, commercialized versions out now.

Don't you miss actual tactical shooters? It pains me to play Vegas or GRAW, because they aren't what the franchise is supposed to be.

Jon Sonedecker was a developer for Red Storm Entertainment (Rainbow 6, Rogue Spear and Ghost Recon). He eventually left RSE and formed his own company called Black Foot Studios. Until now, BFS has mainly down outsourcing work for larger studios.

The project was announced on the GR.net forums, and got lots of attention.

This should be the first actual tactical shooter released in years.

A 360 version is also planned, but that all depends on whether or not they can find a publisher.

Here are a few images from the yet to be named project from BFS.

Re: For those of you who remember Ghost Recon and R6.

I remember like the first GR, never went over to GR2, never got into it. This looks good have to keep tabs it.

Comment

Been waiting for this game since I heared of it.
      Yes, Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon both have gone down the ****zers, GR not so much, but still.
      I mean, Vegas and that other one before it are total ****ups. I bet they just added the RS title to sell more copies. There is absolutely nothing Rainbow in `em, except the name.
      Ghost Recon still has some advanced tactical s*it left but with each game it gets dumbed down more, just get the console c*nts buy it. I hope GRAW2 will be better than the first piece of bullshaize.

Comment

I remember many an hour lost on Rainbow 6 v1

Comment

I remember playing ghost recon v1, Oh good times...

Comment

I'm currently ripping up ArmA atm, loving every minute of it. Played the GRAW2 demo, its ok as a quick arcadie style fps but not what GR is all about. Still got R6 Rouge Spear installed on my PC for when I feel like playing it, same with OGR (with Centcom - best mod ever for GR!)

RIP R6 & GR!

Comment

I went back to GR again, and I got to admit, I HATE EVERY SECOND OF IT! The AI can shoot you from far-far away using only a single shot from an Assault Rifle - and this is very freaking annoying, oh and they can detects you even when you're not moving, seriously wtf!!

Don't get me wrong, at first I love it back in 2002, but now its completely sucks *** and such a pain to play. I also wonders why they never create an image of a weapons you're using, instead of that damn aim point cursor.

Comment

Who gives a **** what the gun looks like in a game like that?
                It just hampers your view.

Comment

I f***king do, any other smartass comment you wanna say?

Comment

I played GR:AW and didn't rly like it.

Comment

I loved the old GR games, one of the first where the reticule changed if you were moving

As for being shot and killed with one shot, the point of the game was to be invisible, and learn to kill before you were killed

Comment

Working...
                      X