Battlefield Deluxe Edition, errors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Deluxe Edition, errors.

Today i just bought BF2 deluxe edition and i installed it without any problems i played around in single player for a while waiting for 1.41 to download then suddenly as i start a new map there is no floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF.
    But anyways without a floor i have an fps of like 2, and then when i restart the computer and re-insert the bf2 cd instead of showing options like play online etc, all i have is "install". Whats going on i have it installed already and i have 2.9gigs of bf2 on my Hard drive!!!!
    And i tried to register my bf2 so i could get ea support but it couldn't connect

To summarise:
    BF2 magically says it isn't installed, even though i have the program on my hard disk
    No floor as in no earth under buildings and feet. edit: ingame ofcourse
    the 1.41 patch doesn't load.
    Can't register with EA

Re: Battlefield Deluxe Edition, errors.

Uninstall and reinstall is probably your best bet. Sounds like some of the files are either corrupt or missing.

If you can't uninstall because your computer does not see it, then delete all of the files, run CCleaner that includes both the "cleaner" and "issues" options as this will get rid of any temp files and corrupt/broken registry links.
    Next download Hijackthis and open the "misc tools section", then open the "Uninstall manager" scroll down and delete any entries relating to BF2.

Now, run CCleaner once more, reboot, and retry the install and patch.

Report back!

Comment

I've done all that and it works, yay!!!
      The patcher works fine and all is well.

Comment

i have big problems with the deluxe SF isnt working, when will it end.

Comment

Tell me about it. Got the deluxe, auto installed everything including 1.41 (BTW the deluxe collection auto patches to 1.41)- then CTD during map loading everytime. Uninstalled everything. Manually installed BF2 and patched - all works good. Have not built up the courage to try to install SF, EF or AF yet

Comment

Another happy customer

Comment

Bah, BF2 great, Deluxe edition not as good as a turd sandwich.
              I'm getting these sorta retarded black screens and lag, anyone know wtf is going on ? In-game blackscreens most of the textures and buildings as if it needs to reload the textures, this happens many times and also it crashes often. any help ? as EA keeps doing 404 not loaded crap.

Comment

So its started again??

Check your graphics card temps.

Comment

It's like okay, other games run fine, i.e counter strike source and AA. I have the newest video driver... what am i missing ? i also ran the ea check thingy which sees if your computer is good enough to run bf2, and its fine.

Comment

Okay, so lemme get this straight. You followed by instructions and it worked, but now your getting black lines and glitches etc...?

Clear your shader cache out of:
                    Mydocs -> BF2 -> Mods -> BF2 ->Cache

Now check check the temperatures on your graphics card whilst playing. To do this, run ATItool or Ntune or any other graph based temperature monitor and leave it on whilst playing. End the game, and check the graph. The core cools down very quickly, so its impossible to alt tab out or exit the game and then check the temperature. You must have a graph running that shows you what the actual temps are whilst playing.

Comment

i just ran it with Ntune and the tempurature is fine.
                      And it also crashes when i get into some vehicles like tanks.

Comment

You got any overclocks on your graphics card or CPU?

Comment

Umm...yes.. maybe i ran nTune last night aswell does that count as OCing ?

Yea, i found a fix to it.... you need to turn off HDR lighting and also downgrade your nvidia video driver to 77.77 :cry:

Comment

Working...
                          X