I can't join any servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't join any servers

I downloaded PR 0.5 (holy f*** 11 hour download!!!!! :shock: 1.60 gigs is bigger than the game itself!), installed, etc. But when I tried to join a server, it said I don't have the latest version.

Re: I can't join any servers

try setting your server browser to along these lines:

A number of people have problems with their in-game browser when they first install PR. This makes finding PR Servers difficult, if not impossible! So here is how you do it...

Set it up so that the ONLY boxes you have checked are:

* SAME VERSION ONLY
    * SAME MOD
    * PUNKBUSTER (recommended)
    * 16, 32, 64 MAP SIZES (recommended)
    also can you give me a link to the source you downloaded it from? Cheers!

Comment

Total BF2 Filecloud download.

Comment

this one if im correct then: http://www.filecloud.com/files/file....file_id=362469

That one should work fine, you should be able to join any of these servers here: http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...ll=&showEmpty=

Comment

Okay, I tried again, same thing. Do I need the 0.6 beta?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt Davis View Post
            Okay, I tried again, same thing. Do I need the 0.6 beta?
            nope, full public version is v0.5, try to join a server via ip on the list i gave you above, if that dont work, come back here hehe.

Comment

The weird thing is that I found like 70 servers, all red text.

Comment

re-download it from one of these links: http://www.realitymod.com/filelinks.html

all I can suggest sorry.

Comment

Could it have something to do with the 1.41 patch? Sorry, but I'm not that eager to redownload a 1.60 gig file.

Okay, I tryed an IP adress and it still says I have an older version.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt Davis View Post
                    Could it have something to do with the 1.41 patch? Sorry, but I'm not that eager to redownload a 1.60 gig file.

Okay, I tryed an IP adress and it still says I have an older version.
                    oh lol, why did that never cross my mind? Yes you need the BF2 v1.41 patch to be able to play PR v0.5

Comment

I do have it installed, but maybe it has something to do with it.

EDIT: wait, I recently reinstalled BF2, maybe it was removed. Although I have been able to play singleplayer and LAN, so I'm not sure.

EDIT EDIT: Okay, I reinstalled the patch and everything worked fine.

And BTW great job guys.

Comment

Yer remember the patch is like a builders hard hat, you always need it on the head so stuff can fall on it? - ok im sorry that was a terrible was of explaining it
                        but basically you will always need the latest patch installed before installing mods .

Comment

Yeah, I knew I needed the patch, but forgot to reinstall it. Works fine now.

Comment

glad to hear, ty for following up to let us know you got it sorted.

Comment

Working...
                            X