It's official: I can't kill snipers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • O2zi3
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Originally posted by ent|ty
    NO, it's not lack of aim or cone of fire. I'm playing on IMA right now with Karkand.

    I was scoped with F2000 and shooting directly into a sniper charging into my bullets, and he lived long enough to lay a claymore, and move out to the left before someone killed me. I hit him with 10 bullets full on.
    I think the F2000 needs 4 shots to kill.....so this is not right. If you are registering hits but they are not server side, then its a lag issue. Poxy net code

    Leave a comment:


  • Oaf Hamper
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Originally posted by camperstrike
    Cone of fire, love it.
    Best feature of the game, imo. :yay:

    Leave a comment:


  • X-ander
    replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Originally posted by Bronx19
    Speaking of, I tried using the supply class yesterday, god what a horrible weapon. I have been killed by supply in the past, they run towards me, dive, and put a single bullet in my head. How? When you move the slightest, the cone opens up to a ridiculous size, bullets literally come out of the barrel at 45 degree angles.
    aimbot

    Leave a comment:


  • imported_Talbot
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Strange, Medics are the only class I find difficult to kill.

    Leave a comment:


  • TotalBF2er
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Originally posted by cfschris
    sounds like youve run into sniping haxors.

    this might be the reason why i die a ton........either its my xtreme lag, or the fact i dont hack...hmm....
    No, I don't think they're using cheats. It's probably a mixture of lag and their movement speed that keeps them alive longer (at least while I'm the one shooting them).

    Originally posted by Bob_Is_Scary
    :laugh: You could not defend your posts so you stopped trying! Not that it matters, you seem to have a stead fast belief in magic.
    What you experience in-game and what I experience in-game can differ greatly, due to many factors inside and outside of the game. To say my experience is not valid, just because you haven't experienced it, doesn't help me at all. So keep the flaming to yourself, or be constructive.

    Note: Beat my 2.8 before you tell others what a sniper can or can't do.

    Originally posted by Nicfurious29
    I myself play sniper and I find that I have a higher survival rate evading with the sniper class than any other class. At times there could be (i kid u not) 4 people shooting at once at me and not one bullet connects. This seems to happen any time during close to mid range combat.

    Dont bother with the rest of the comments Entity. Like u've stated after 2 yrs of play...it stops being a coincidence.
    I can see that when I've played sniper. I've charged into a pack of 5 guys and keep moving, lay my claymore, keep running and they still haven't got me. The first claymore goes off, killing them all in a pack, and I have enough time to lay another claymore before someone catches up and shoots me.

    Leave a comment:


  • [GCA]Tim270
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Originally posted by Bob_Is_Scary

    Snipers have small bodies.
    No..its the same white USMC soldier that is the engy/spec ops/medic just with the camo net on.

    Leave a comment:


  • ichangedmyname
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Ping
    Hardware
    Hitboxes
    Internet lag
    Server lag
    Small bodies
    Inaccurate weapons
    = an unfair lack of a kill
    That happens all the time, but stick out when a bunnyhopping sniper throwing down clays gets away. Why?
    In most players eyes they think snipers should go down quickly in CQC, also people get annoyed by clay spam so this pisses them off even more, making it stick out.
    I bet that bunnyhopping medics have done the same thing, but it seems less annoying, noobish, and bizarre and so sticks out less.
    or the answer could be

    Magic
    Snipers are protected by a powerful spell while throwing down claymores and also have a smaller force shield of protection around them at normal times, although it is not as potent as the spell around them when they throw clays.

    Now, I biased the "magic" part a bit, but the first explanation makes more sense than a bizarre, unproven, and disputed glitch/bug that snipers are equipped with at random and while throwing claymores.

    My Experience: I have played Karkand for 472 hours and although I have seen my fair share of snipers evade death while throwing clays, it is not a frequently occuring event that happens many more times than with any other kit. I also have over 100 hours as a sniper and have never noticed being able to escape fire while throwing claymores in unexplained ways.

    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • ichangedmyname
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    :laugh: You could not defend your posts so you stopped trying! Not that it matters, you seem to have a stead fast belief in magic.

    Cheers

    P.S. Is your Bf2 account ent|ty.bf2 ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nicfurious29
    replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    " Are they running faster so the hitboxes lag worse?"


    I think u may have just solved the mystery!!

    I myself play sniper and I find that I have a higher survival rate evading with the sniper class than any other class. At times there could be (i kid u not) 4 people shooting at once at me and not one bullet connects. This seems to happen any time during close to mid range combat.

    Dont bother with the rest of the comments Entity. Like u've stated after 2 yrs of play...it stops being a coincidence.

    Leave a comment:


  • TotalBF2er
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Originally posted by makka99
    You do know that under that camoflage, all snipers are wearing an energy shield that magically deflects bullets....
    They must be. Because as far as I know, they're not supposed to have any armor. So why are so many on the front lines if they're so easy to kill, Hmm?

    Like I said, I can kill the medic and/or supply guy right beside him in 2 shots, yet he lives longer than the rest. Almost every time. I've noticed it so much that's why I posted about it.

    Originally posted by AmericanDad
    That's your problem, it's an awful weapon when scoped.
    Fair enough, but it happens with most weapons. There, now that's clarified.

    Originally posted by Gen_Gerrd
    If they were moving around alot this may be the problem...



    It's pretty insane how laggy the hitbox is.
    Yeah I have seen and understand this video, it's not only the sniper class with this effect.

    I'm just boggled as to why I can't kill them as they run away, or charge straight for me. Them strafing, bunnyhopping etc makes sense as to why it's harder... I'm just comparing them vs other classes doing the same actions - but they actually go down.

    What is the armor rating of the sniper? Is the hitbox smaller than the rest of the models? Are they running faster so the hitboxes lag worse?

    Leave a comment:


  • Gen_Gerrd
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    If they were moving around alot this may be the problem...



    It's pretty insane how laggy the hitbox is.

    Leave a comment:


  • WNx Makka99
    replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    You do know that under that camoflage, all snipers are wearing an energy shield that magically deflects bullets....

    Leave a comment:


  • ham_411
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    oh didnt you hear? when laying a claymore it refils your health bar

    Leave a comment:


  • AmericanDad
    replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Originally posted by ent|ty
    I was scoped with F2000
    That's your problem, it's an awful weapon when scoped.

    Leave a comment:


  • |2aped!
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Originally posted by Bronx19
    Speaking of, I tried using the supply class yesterday, god what a horrible weapon. I have been killed by supply in the past, they run towards me, dive, and put a single bullet in my head. How? When you move the slightest, the cone opens up to a ridiculous size, bullets literally come out of the barrel at 45 degree angles.
    I FSU with support class!

    Leave a comment:

Working...