It's official: I can't kill snipers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bronx19
    replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Originally posted by stephensolfo
    you have to go prone
    I know, but it takes ages for the cone of fire to shrink back down, by that time you're dead.

    Leave a comment:


  • TotalBF2er
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    You just don't read. Or maybe you read, but you don't comprehend. Rather than defend my posts and explain every nuance of every word to you, I'll just not respond to your posts anymore.

    Originally posted by redrider
    I agree entity and I dont think that its a cheat or hack either.

    Unlike some here Ive been playing this game for almost 2 years, not on the same server either, and almost all of my time has been on the ground so If I say something is up it really is. Im not trying to flame anyone I just want to say that its there, be aware of it and do what needs to be done to get the kill.

    Just so the new people know, I started playing, bought BF2 in july 2005 and joined this forum shortly there after. So not only am I old, 47, Ive been around a long time. Even in BF2 time. If the truth is known Im here and in the game for the fun of it thats why I dont have 1000 posts yet or 100 thousand points in the game. Thats really not why Im here, the points and posts are secondary. Its just for the fun of it and thats all. How about you. . . . . . . . . . .Red
    Roger that

    Leave a comment:


  • ichangedmyname
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    :shakehead: This is not going to go anywhere, but here goes...


    Snipers have small bodies, so they are slightly harder to hit and hitbox screw ups are more magnified.
    Often they are jumping, sprinting, and doing all sorts of noobie things in CQC.
    With an oncoming claymore you might get flustered and miss a few more shots.

    Would this account for 30% amount of time to kill them?

    Cheers

    EDIT: Just read this part

    "Anyways, if it hasn't happened to you, no need for you to post then. I didn't post this just so you can call my skill into question - which seems to be a pastime for some members here.

    Just say "yes, it's happened" or "no, it hasn't" then get the **** out of my topic."

    Of course I have hit box problems with snipers at one time or another, but I do not find it deeply disturbing. I never called your skill into question, quite frankly you could suck, you could be pro, it does not matter to me. The only thing you could have interpreted as insulting is when I questioned the ten bullets, and that was simply because many people will miss a few shots as a bunnyhopping sniper comes in and they are shot from the other side in the course of a second. And there is no need for me to leave your topic because I have contrary views.

    Leave a comment:


  • redrider
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    I agree entity and I dont think that its a cheat or hack either.

    Unlike some here Ive been playing this game for almost 2 years, not on the same server either, and almost all of my time has been on the ground so If I say something is up it really is. Im not trying to flame anyone I just want to say that its there, be aware of it and do what needs to be done to get the kill.

    Just so the new people know, I started playing, bought BF2 in july 2005 and joined this forum shortly there after. So not only am I old, 47, Ive been around a long time. Even in BF2 time. If the truth is known Im here and in the game for the fun of it thats why I dont have 1000 posts yet or 100 thousand points in the game. Thats really not why Im here, the points and posts are secondary. Its just for the fun of it and thats all. How about you. . . . . . . . . . .Red

    Leave a comment:


  • TotalBF2er
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    When it happens to me for the 300th time in BF2 history, I post about it. That's all. I'm not a ****ing noob. Of course I hit him with 10 bullets in a second.

    Anyways, if it hasn't happened to you, no need for you to post then. I didn't post this just so you can call my skill into question - which seems to be a pastime for some members here.

    Just say "yes, it's happened" or "no, it hasn't" then get the **** out of my topic.

    Leave a comment:


  • ichangedmyname
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Still has nothing to frigging do with it, how long is a claymore being dropped for? Around a second. So you are sure that you hit him with ten bullets in about a second as he ran at you, and then you were killed almost at the same time. Seems like a stretch for an invincible claymore theory. All I am saying is that theories like this crop up all the time, but there is no proof and never will be.

    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • TotalBF2er
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    I didn't say 'claymores out'. Before you open your fat mouth again, how about comprehending a post before you reply.

    I said in the action of laying claymores. It has nothing to do with hating snipers or not. It happens a lot to me, so I posted about it.

    If I'm saying this happens to me against snipers, but not any other class, how does it have anything to do with my aim? Does my aim suddenly change because I'm shooting a sniper, then goes back to normal shooting other classes? Think about it.

    If it was my aim, I'd be talking about any class. The fact is, I have a hard time shooting snipers - running away, strafing, or even charging directly (as in straight) into my bullets.

    I may be shooting low - I have a tendency to shoot the chest, but still, that doesn't explain why I can shoot everyone else, but a sniper seems to stay alive 30% longer.

    Leave a comment:


  • ichangedmyname
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    :cry: Got kwilled.... Honestly this is ridicuolus, now snipers are invincible with claymores out. You guys really hate snipers.

    Leave a comment:


  • TotalBF2er
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    NO, it's not lack of aim or cone of fire. I'm playing on IMA right now with Karkand.

    I was scoped with F2000 and shooting directly into a sniper charging into my bullets, and he lived long enough to lay a claymore, and move out to the left before someone killed me. I hit him with 10 bullets full on.

    I've said this before, it seems to happen when they're in the act of laying a claymore. I don't know if it can be reproduced, I wonder if there is a temporary immunity bug while they're actually doing the action.

    I killed 4 guys in a row, then a sniper comes, and I can't kill him .

    Leave a comment:


  • ichangedmyname
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Lolz, cone of fire. Lack of aim more like.... Everyone dies if you put enough slugs in them, sure deviation/recoil/hitboxes/lag they might throw off a shot or two, but if put the crosshairs on them and squeeze off 10 bullets everyone goes down. Learn to hit them in the head CQC, they go down very fast.

    Cheers

    Redrider ur story is just **** lag, no sniper special ability or cone of fire/ hitbox BS. You are seeing him in a place he was a split second before, simple as that.

    Leave a comment:


  • redrider
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    I have the sniper problem at times also. The other day I was a sniper and put 5 shots into a lone enemy sniper, I was looking down at about 45 degree angle shooting him in the back with the M95, and still nothing. I could see the bullets impact on the guy even.

    The point to that story is that when I get on a server and I see this happen I will usually change the way I attack the enemy by trying to get close enough to use a granade or a knife. If the hit box or whatever is doing weird stuff that, knife or granade, will usually still get the kill. I play on whatever server is running the map I want to get some hours on, Kubra Dam lately, so I will sometimes see strange things happen. Restarting the server will almost always fix things and make them right but since its not my server I just have to work around the problem and wait. I didnt help any, I know, but dont feel alone its a part of BF2. . . . . . . . . . . .Red

    Leave a comment:


  • Raidyr
    Guest replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Something similar happens to me. The G3 is a supposedly awesome weapon, but I have more luck with the AT/Engineer guns. I can put 5-6 bullets in a guys chest, and not get a kill.

    Leave a comment:


  • solofowaffles
    replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Originally posted by Bronx19
    Speaking of, I tried using the supply class yesterday, god what a horrible weapon. I have been killed by supply in the past, they run towards me, dive, and put a single bullet in my head. How? When you move the slightest, the cone opens up to a ridiculous size, bullets literally come out of the barrel at 45 degree angles.
    you have to go prone

    Leave a comment:


  • Bronx19
    replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Originally posted by camperstrike
    Cone of fire, love it.
    Speaking of, I tried using the supply class yesterday, god what a horrible weapon. I have been killed by supply in the past, they run towards me, dive, and put a single bullet in my head. How? When you move the slightest, the cone opens up to a ridiculous size, bullets literally come out of the barrel at 45 degree angles.

    Leave a comment:


  • camper.
    replied
    Re: It's official: I can't kill snipers

    Cone of fire, love it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...