Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unofficial/Additional maps don't work in multiplayer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial/Additional maps don't work in multiplayer.

I have tried many times in different ways to install additional BF2 maps. Only a few work in singleplayer mode and none of them work in multiplayer mode.

Now, when I say they don't work in singleplayer I mean that they load 100% and then the game crashes. And when I say they don't work in multiplayer I mean that I don't see any servers running that map. (not a single one!)
    It is usual? Is there any file that I need to download and install that makes additional maps work?
    I have patched the game to v1.41

Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Unofficial/Additional maps don't work in multiplayer.

Originally posted by NeonSoldierX View Post
    I have tried many times in different ways to install additional BF2 maps. Only a few work in singleplayer mode and none of them work in multiplayer mode.

Now, when I say they don't work in singleplayer I mean that they load 100% and then the game crashes.
    Unfortunatly some map makers and mod makers do not have single player support for their maps/mods and singelplayer does not work, not sure exactly what they have to do but its been like this for a while.

And when I say they don't work in multiplayer I mean that I don't see any servers running that map. (not a single one!)
    It is usual? Is there any file that I need to download and install that makes additional maps work?
    I have patched the game to v1.41
    Check your filters, check in particular that you have Ranked and Populated unchecked. If when you installed the maps they came with a different shortcut be sure to run BF2 from that shortcut.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I tried applying filter in numerous ways but it still doesn't work. Not a single server. Oh yes, I do see two servers with "strike at karkand 2" having 0 players. And the map runs too. But I don't see any other map.

Do you play any additional map? If so, I can install it on mine and try if it works. Because may be the maps that I downloaded are not played anymore. (they are Bocage Dogfight, AFD City, Aerial Combat.)

Thanks again.

Comment

Do you play any additional map? If so, I can install it on mine and try if it works. Because may be the maps that I downloaded are not played anymore. (they are Bocage Dogfight, AFD City, Aerial Combat.)

Thanks again.
        I have the wake Island Air show map installed on my PC when I first got it there were a few servers up, looks like that everything your end is in working order if you can see Strike At Karkand 2 and join the server.

Unfortunatly because of the ranking system and ranked servers custom maps are very under played in comparission to other games :cry: Blame Dice...

Comment

Working...
        X