• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry 1 v. 1 Techniques

Dominate 1 v.1 Infantry Battles[SIZE="2"]
    First of the basics of infantry combat are
    a. Immediately moving when you spot an enemy
    b. Throwing off their aim by strafing, jumping, going prone, crouching, and rolling.
    c. Relocate your body to a completely new position as you move and evade, allowing you to fire at their sides/back with no fear of return fire
    d. Aiming for the head so that they can not adjust to your new position (they are dead before they can get shots of at your new location)
    In Close Range 5> Meters
    1. If you meet and you are running (no matter what they are doing) JUMP, CROUCH MID-AIR, AND WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND (CROUCHED) BEGIN STRAFING AROUND THEM. They will usually go prone when you jump, then when you hit the ground you can strafe arund them and shoo them up.
    2. If you are walking then quickly JUMP TO THE SIDE, WHEN YOUR FEET HIT THE GROUND IMMEDIATELY STRAFE FOR A MILLISECOND AND HIT PRONE, AS SOON AS YOU DO THE ROLL HIT CROUCH TO GET BACK UP. You will move out of their vision, drop to the ground in a roll and be able to shoot. It will be nearly impossible for them to get more than 1 or 2 shots on you before they are dead. The quick crouch tap at the end will get you on your feet before any other enemies can arrive.
    3. If you are standing still and they come running/walking towards you STRAFE AWAY FROM THEM (directly left or right), BEGIN CROUCHING, SIWTCH DIRECTIONS AND BEGIN CROUCHING AGAIN IF YOU ARE BEING SHOT. You can strafe, crouch, and fire very easily. Switching directions will throw off their aim and allow you to get more shots on them.
    In Longer Ranges
    1. If they are running when you see each other JUMP TO ONE SIDE, STRAFE TO ONE SIDE THEN THE OTHER, AS YOU BEGINNING STRAFING TO THE OTHER SIDE GO PRONE. You will move to one side, then move back and roll to the ground. This is very hard to track for your enemy. YOu do not have to worry as much about being caught prone since you are at longer distances.
    2. If you are running or walking QUICKLY GO IN AND OUT OF STANDING/CROUCH BY TAPPING CROUCH, THEN SUDDENLY GO PRONE. You will hit them with several shots as you switch from standing/crouched. Then you will suddenly go prone and get more good shots. Not many oppoents will be able to react to your body position changes fast enough to hit you.[SIZE]

You might do things your own way, but I have raised my SPM and K/D and I medal 5 of 6 rounds on average over the past 2 1/2 months using these infantry tactics (and yes that is actual math ).[/COLOR]

Re: Infantry 1 v. 1 Techniques

Nice tips bud, but dump the gree I had to select it to read it.... (make the text stuff blue when ya wana copy plus past)

Comment

STICKY THIS PLEASE:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Comment

Dominate 1 v.1 Infantry Battles
        First of the basics of infantry combat are
        a. Immediately moving when you spot an enemy
        b. Throwing off their aim by strafing, jumping, going prone, crouching, and rolling.
        c. Relocate your body to a completely new position as you move and evade, allowing you to fire at their sides/back with no fear of return fire
        d. Aiming for the head so that they can not adjust to your new position (they are dead before they can get shots of at your new location)
        In Close Range 5> Meters
        1. If you meet and you are running (no matter what they are doing) JUMP, CROUCH MID-AIR, BEGIN TO TURN TOWARDS THEM, HIT PRONE. Now you should be on the ground on the side of them or behind them. Simply fire at their chest/head.
        2. If you are walking then quickly JUMP TO THE SIDE, WHEN YOUR FEET HIT THE GROUND IMMEDIATELY STRAFE FOR A MILLISECOND AND HIT PRONE. You will move out of their vision, drop to the ground in a roll and be able to shoot. It will be nearly impossible for them to get more than 1 or 2 shots on you before they are dead
        3. If you are standing still and they come running/walking towards you STRAFE AWAY FROM THEM (directly left or right), JUMP ONCE, PRONE. You should be several meters to their side facing them as they turn to shoot at you. Simply full them up with bullets.
        In Longer Ranges
        1. If they are running when you see each other STRAFE TO ONE SIDE THEN THE OTHER, AS YOU BEGINNING STRAFING TO THE OTHER SIDE GO PRONE. You will move to one side, then move back and roll to the ground. This is very hard to track for your enemy.
        2. If you are running or walking JUMP FORWARD, CROUCH, PRONE. You will come towards them and your body will go up, shrink into a ball (mid-air crouch does this to you), and then hit the ground prone. Again, this is very hard to track and you should not be hit.

You might do things your own way, but I have raised my SPM and K/D and I medal 5 of 6 rounds on average over the past 2 1/2 months using these infantry tactics(and yes that is actual math )

Sorry, dude, but someone had to do it.

Design 101 - NEVER use light colours on a light background for text.

Comment

I really have to dispute some of the things ;

In close ranges, do NOT prone, even if it's after jumping, crouching, strafing and whatnot. You make yourself immobile target, it's much harder for YOU to track enemy who's running circles around you.. and even if you kill your enemy, if there's another around, he'll kill you.

Also, aiming for head isn't usually the smartest thing to do. Thing is, due to cone of fire, aiming at throat/upper chest level gives you usually equal chance to score a headshot, but increased chance to score body shots as well. If your cone is size of opponents head, sure, go ahead, but if it's larger, you want to aim lower. Actual amount depends on the gun and range, but apart from snipers (which shouldn't be played if you want to dominate anything at all), BF2 guns aren't just accurate enough to consistently score headshots.

Comment

Originally posted by markan dorka View Post

In close ranges, do NOT prone, even if it's after jumping, crouching, strafing and whatnot. You make yourself immobile target, it's much harder for YOU to track enemy who's running circles around you...
            Not true, if your body has relocated completely and you are aiming at him and he manages to run circles around you, you can not shoot for ****.

and even if you kill your enemy, if there's another around, he'll kill you.
            That's why it is called 1 v. 1

Also, aiming for head isn't usually the smartest thing to do. Thing is, due to cone of fire, aiming at throat/upper chest level gives you usually equal chance to score a headshot, but increased chance to score body shots as well. If your cone is size of opponents head, sure, go ahead, but if it's larger, you want to aim lower. Actual amount depends on the gun and range, but apart from snipers (which shouldn't be played if you want to dominate anything at all), BF2 guns aren't just accurate enough to consistently score headshots.
            I love the "cone of fire" and other terms players use to make them sound elite. The thing is, if you are prone, any weapon will have a small enough deviation/recoil to strike the head. And you do not need many shots to actually hit if you aim for the head because of x3 damage. So even if your accuracy is 1/3 of what it usually is since you are aiming for the head you will still score as many damage points, and most of the time your accuract does not decrease this much

Cheers

P.S. I changed the color in the original post

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Is_Scary
              Not true, if your body has relocated completely and you are aiming at him and he manages to run circles around you, you can not shoot for ****.
              Thing is, due to hit registration in BF2, player who is running perpendicular to one who is shooting, is really hard to hit. It doesn't have much to do with aiming, especially in close combat, since the difference between 2 server frames is huge - several degrees, with thin air in between. Whenever you prone, you give up this advantage. He's tough to hit, while you're receiving about every single shot he fires.

The proning part is completely unnecessary, you give up huge amounts of evasion from moving, for irrelevant accuracy boost and evasion from smaller silhouette, which is negligible, since your opponent is looking down at you. Also, when you go for the jump, you can't shoot - your opponent gets about 2 seconds of free firing at you, and he knows *exactly* when you're coming down. He doesn't even have to jump over you anymore, you're already down quite a bit of health. And even if he jumped over you, which one is harder to hit - guy jumping in front of you while you're standing, or guy jumping over you, when you're proning.

That's why it is called 1 v. 1
              Yes, but unless you're playing *strictly* 1 on 1, the next combat might be just around the corner, and you're starting it immobile.

I love the "cone of fire" and other terms players use to make them sound elite.
              Call it random deviation then, which isn't as descriptive as "cone of fire". It's got nothing to do with "sounding elite", but knowing how game handles your firing, and being able to adjust for that.

The thing is, if you are prone, any weapon will have a small enough deviation/recoil to strike the head. And you do not need many shots to actually hit if you aim for the head because of x3 damage. So even if your accuracy is 1/3 of what it usually is since you are aiming for the head you will still score as many damage points, and most of the time your accuract does not decrease this much
              With ranges anything past point-blank, guns in this game aren't accurate enough to *consistently* hit the head. For example, when proned, M16 has minimum deviation of 0.3 degrees for the first shot. 50 meters away, the shot will be 0,25 meters off in any direction - that's a circle with half a meter diameter. AK-101 standing - 0.585 degrees, that's a circle with diameter over 1 meter. The trick is to aim at such point, that top of the circle is at top of the persons head, so head falls completely inside that circle. In that case, you have equally great probability at scoring headshot as you do have when aiming directly at the head. However, if you miss the head, the first case has better chance at scoring bodyshot, than the latter.

Comment

As I said in my original post You might do things your own way and I qoute that here

Cheers

Comment

all you need to do is never jump straight into someone. Prone constantly and make him jump first.. then prone and nail his *** when he hits the ground. Oh and always move perpendicular to you target, hitboxes are really bad when someone is moving directly across your screen.

oh yeah.. and shockpaddle baddies so they know they are bad.

Comment

At distances the jump and prone works the best. But in cqc i jump and crouch. The way I look at it is in a 1v1 cqc situation....first to prone loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29 View Post
                      At distances the jump and prone works the best. But in cqc i jump and crouch. The way I look at it is in a 1v1 cqc situation....first to prone loses.
                      just hit the crouch button and your up again quickly no delay at all

Comment

whats easier to hit with an AT rocket, player going prone in front of you shooting or player strafing sideways shooting you. same goes with guns for the most part, even if you lead them correctly they are still a b!tch to hit

Comment

Just so you all are aware, I don't always use that ****, just when I am raging on noobs. Skilled opponents require constantly changing and bizarre methods of ownage.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SyDuS View Post
                            whats easier to hit with an AT rocket, player going prone in front of you shooting or player strafing sideways shooting you. same goes with guns for the most part, even if you lead them correctly they are still a b!tch to hit
                            Hitting people with an AT rocket is fun though...Ive be accused of using hacks whenever I would go on an AT rampage whenever I get bored

Comment

Updated the techniques to put less emphasis on the faulty prone methods (which only work if you really know how to quick crouch out of prone which a lot of do not seem to).

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X