BF2 crashes to desktop after start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 crashes to desktop after start up

When i start my bf2 the screen turns black then it goes back to desktop, i have an nvidia geforce fx 5500 256mb pci card, 2.8ghz 1.5gb of ram pentium 4. What is my problem?

Re: BF2 crashes to desktop after start up

Well, first of all... U got a crappy GFX card thats for sure.. U will still able to boot BF. But for the gameplay a better GFX card is needed. I think this is a driver problem. Need a little more specs of ur rig though..

Things to try:

1. Update your GFX driver..

2. Update audio driver..

3. Update DirectX...

download, software, update, Microsoft, product, computer, PC, Windows, Office, server, MSN, Live, game, Xbox, security, driver, install, trial, preview, demo, popular

Good luck..

Comment

ahmad posted this for me because i didn't have an account here. I tried what you said minus doing the sound card thing (dont see how that would help). and when I try to install those nvidia drivers it tells me it can not find compatible hardware and then exits setup. I installed the Nvidia drivers from the BF2 cd though.

Comment

I didn't know that the BF2 cd had drivers on it, that is probably the DX update that you are referring to. The crash could be an audio problem, update the drivers anyway. Most likely a resolution incompatibility, a video driver issue, or a heat issue though. Go to nvidia.com and get the drivers there. Also, check your device manager (control panel -> system -> device manager) for conflicts or problems (a ? mark or an X)

Comment

Originally posted by BPCrusher01 View Post
          I didn't know that the BF2 cd had drivers on it, that is probably the DX update that you are referring to. The crash could be an audio problem, update the drivers anyway. Most likely a resolution incompatibility, a video driver issue, or a heat issue though. Go to nvidia.com and get the drivers there. Also, check your device manager (control panel -> system -> device manager) for conflicts or problems (a ? mark or an X)
          Well I do have one X but thats for my onboard video card that I disabled to use this Nvidia GFX 5500. I have a dell and had to turn the onboard off.

I am reinstalling battlefield, gonna update sound drivers, and see if it works.

Comment

Working...
          X