*Rant* Why so much baseraping/spawncamping? *Rant*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Rant* Why so much baseraping/spawncamping? *Rant*

You would think that with a mod, the players would be a bit more mature and fun oriented, but it's the exact opposite.

I know this isn't PR, in the sense that you really need teamwork and cooperation, but it's a great mod.

Another point is that you don't get points for kills, it's all voluntary, unlike vanilla and ranked servers, so why spawn rape? Why ruin other peoples fun?

Oh, well, there is a new program that will put a stop to base raping/spawn camping so this rant will only be temporarily felt

Re: *Rant* Why so much baseraping/spawncamping? *Rant*

Originally posted by scarslilpyro View Post

I know this isn't PR, in the sense that you really need teamwork and cooperation, but it's a great mod.
    Well, teamwork and cooperation is what the mod is supposed to be about. The DEVs can't control that. When I play, i pick a strategic flag, cap it, and defend it till the end.

I don't know how to get people to play like a team, but don't be too cynical. There are great players out there, an the anti base rape will help a lot. Just get the popular servers to run it, and this next patch will jump start everything again. :salute:

Comment

We have an anti baserape program that people can download on their servers. Ones we release .2 (which is very close) we will remind server owners about this option.

Comment

If your on a server that allows it then find another server, plain and simple.
        Its part of the damn game if you ask me, cause if your team is that bad to allow you to get pushed to your main then you deserve to be raped hard!

Comment

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
          If your on a server that allows it then find another server, plain and simple.
          Its part of the damn game if you ask me, cause if your team is that bad to allow you to get pushed to your main then you deserve to be raped hard!
          ive never once seen a team capture all the flags, then go baseraping. they dont even go for the flags, they dont push back the enemy team, they go right to the enemy main to spawn kill people right off the bat. is it part of the game? sure it is, to a point, after that it just becomes an effective way to empty a server and the mods player base.

Comment

what there needs to be is some sort of program that instantly explodes all enemies flying overhead an ucappable base.

lol *ALRIGHT guys get ready to own the **** out of these gu-(KABLAM)

Comment

Except the planes should be allowed. There is anti air, and the Stingers and Grails in dcon are deadly. Troops, Vehicles, should not be allowed. If a plane just bombs and straifs the enemy runway. then he is an easy target and can be stopped.

I completely disagree about base raping being part of the game. The only problem is, that most servers don't admin like they used to, so they empty out. Rapers can always go to your server, but the rest of us hope the server owners use the anti base rape program.

Your mod totaly kicks ***, 100%. I am waiting for the update like many of us, but neither that nor base raping will keep me from playing. Its just plain fun, and there are some pilots and stuff that I haven't seen since DCF.

If you get a chance, download and watch a good dcon match video, they are pretty intense. I saw the Wka vs Net, it was pretty good viewing.

Comment

Working...
              X