Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with installation of SF

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

The problem is that I installed normal BF2, and now I want to install Special force next, however the thing is during the installation, it first wants to patch BF2 to version 1.1, and while it's patching, I get this error "patching failed", therefore the installation ends and SF doesn't get existed. BF2 after this is unplayable as well, so you need to reinstall BF2 as well to play again.

I have no idea what to do, I have tried to install the 1.1 patch manually so it skips it in the SF installation but that won't work either.

I was thinking of doing this kind of installation,
    Install BF2 first (DONE)
    Install SP next (messes up)
    Install AF and EF and then patch using 1.41 patch

Thank you for your help.
    Please ask everything you need to ask, thanks again.

Re: Problem with installation of SF

Originally posted by swimo View Post
    Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

The problem is that I installed normal BF2, and now I want to install Special force next, however the thing is during the installation, it first wants to patch BF2 to version 1.1, and while it's patching, I get this error "patching failed", therefore the installation ends and SF doesn't get existed. BF2 after this is unplayable as well, so you need to reinstall BF2 as well to play again.

I have no idea what to do, I have tried to install the 1.1 patch manually so it skips it in the SF installation but that won't work either.

I was thinking of doing this kind of installation,
    Install BF2 first (DONE)
    Install SP next (messes up)
    Install AF and EF and then patch using 1.41 patch

Thank you for your help.
    Please ask everything you need to ask, thanks again.

If you are running 1.41 you will need to install bf2 first then instal sf and then instal 1.41 in order for it to work.

Comment

Re: Problem with installation of SF

What? :S

What does that have to do with it all? :P My BF2 version is somewhere around 1.0 something.. I didn't quite understand you.

Thanks for trying though.

Comment

Working...
      X