No Ultra High audio with X-FI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Ultra High audio with X-FI

I have an X-FI OEM card with the newest Youp-Pax drivers (only ones that install with this card) and I can't select the Ultra High audio setting. Is there any way to just force it through a configuration file or something?

Re: No Ultra High audio with X-FI

Why are they the only drivers that work with the card?
    Have you tried 'normal' X-FI drivers?

This maybe obvious but make sure you are running in 'game mode'. If you are set to audio or entertainment mode x-fi will not work properly in BF2

Comment

Normal drivers don't work because the card isn't supported by them, it's the HP OEM (An X-FI extreme Music with a different PCB, essentially) version and normal drivers tell me it's unrecognized. And I do the the control panel ins game mode. But the biggest difference between the youp-pax drivers and normal drivers is youp-pax supports all X-FI's.

EDIT: I noticed that there are drivers from February 9th, so I'll try those.

Comment

What drivers are on the HP site for the card? Might be different than the youp-pax ones you talk of.
        Just sounds a bit strange that only 3rd party drivers work with the card

Comment

The HP drivers are all from 2006, nothing newer. I know it's kind of strange, but it makes sense because it's not up to Creative to maintain drivers for this card, it's up to HP.

I installed the newest drivers though, by modifying the .inf to make it more like the youp-pax driver's, but the drivers I had before apparently were newer.

Comment

You need to have your X-Fi set to "game mode". If its on entertainment or audio creation, it does not use the same type of decoding, and therefore BF2 cannot run ultra high. Try that!

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
              You need to have your X-Fi set to "game mode". If its on entertainment or audio creation, it does not use the same type of decoding, and therefore BF2 cannot run ultra high. Try that!
              I already said that, and he said he has it in game mode if you care to read the thread

Comment

Installing new drivers completely screwed my system and now I have no audio.

I'm going to try to install everything from the original driver disk, hope fully that'll work.

Comment

Sorry, i didn't see that.

When you uninstall the original drivers, make sure you remove them by finding the hardware, right clicking and going to its properties and then selecting "uninstall drivers"

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                    Sorry, i didn't see that.

When you uninstall the original drivers, make sure you remove them by finding the hardware, right clicking and going to its properties and then selecting "uninstall drivers"
                    Yeah just to add to that. Reboot before you install other drivers.

Im actually tempted to intall those Youp-Pax drivers to see if it works with my x-fire card and BF2
                    If you cant get it sorted soon mate, pm me and i will try it. That will rule out if its the drivers or not

Comment

I finally got the drivers to install, I used the youp-pax cd to install the audio and THX console because the normal Creative CD wouldn't install. Then I just installed the latest drivers by modifying the .inf to include my card, audio and all the consoles work, I'll try out BF later, because I want to patch it to 1.4 first.

Comment

1.41 mate

Comment

That's what I meant.

Anyways, with the newest official driver Ultra High works. But this OEM card is such a huge hassle to install drivers for.

Comment

:yay:
                            Glad you got it sorted... ENJOY X-FI at its best
                            I hope you have a good headset to appreciate the sound!

Comment

Originally posted by Night735 View Post
                              :yay:
                              Glad you got it sorted... ENJOY X-FI at its best
                              I hope you have a good headset to appreciate the sound!
                              I have a %20 Sony headset and 3 year-old Logitech Z-640's.:laugh: So I won't be taking full advantage of the X-FI, but I got if for around $60 CAD plus shipping after my old SB Live 5.1 died. The only reason I got it was because it was about the same price as the Audigy 2 ZS, which is what I was looking for before.

Comment

Working...
                              X