Game Minimizing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Minimizing?

ok i often have this problem and i wanna know if anyone else it or has any idea on how to fix? wheneva im playin the game, itll randomly minimize, for no reason what soever. im not pushing the windows key because i have the G15 keyboard which disables the windows key from working in-game, plus the start menu would open if it was the case, but it doesnt. often the game will minimize and when i open it back up, im already dead and if not, im laggin around for a while. (no, im not stupid enough to be pushing Alt+Tab at the same time) does anyone have a fix for this? please? it really ****s me. btw, it'll happen even after a format.

Re: Game Minimizing?

I had a similar thing yesterday, when the round finished and you press the join game button to start the next round I minimized every time I pressed join game. This has never happend b4 and was very strange to say the least, the esc key was the only way I could start the round. The only time I have minimized during gameplay was when I needed to restart my computer because an update had finished. Good luck in figuring your problem out though, that must be annoying as hell.:hmm:

Comment

iv never had the problem you have had tho. i know bf2 does have some crazy/random probs at times that are simply fixed by a restart. the minimize happens every 3-5 rounds? it didnt do it for a long time after i did a BIOS update and a keyboard patch. but now its starting again. it really annoys me! its probably EA and one of their patch errors? but then it could easily be a software / hardware error on my end. :cry:

Comment

Random minimise happens to me at least once a day.

Comment

I had that for a while, and figured out it was BitDefender anti-virus that was trying to update itself every hour. When it would update, it would bring itself to the foreground (even though it was still in the tray!) for a split second, lowering BF2.

Have you installed any new software recently?

Comment

nah i dont think so.. i use Computer Associates VET antivirus. what i did last night was stopped the real time scanner from scanning the bf2 folder. sooo, that might fix it. idk, im about to start playing and if it stuffs up, ill leave another message. when the game minimizes, their isnt anything on the taskbar except bf2.

Comment

I'm glad to see that this problem is happening randomly with other players...I've been playing for a year and a half and within the last month or so have been having the same minimizing issue...I figured that an update program was kicking in causing it sooooo now I dont know....

Comment

i just played a round. yeh it minimized ... yeh i have been playin about... 10 months.. and its only been happening for the last 2 months? i stopped it but now its doing it again. a bios update and keyboard patch stopped it for a while. its a real pain in the *** and i dont know how to fix it!

Comment

I have found that this is a problem on Dual Core CPU systems. After starting BF2 (or 2142 for that matter) Alt Tab to the desktop. Press Ctl Alt Del and bring up task manager, find the BF2 process and change the priority to RealTime (right click, select) and change Affinity to one of the CPU cores. The problem will then be greatly reduced, however it still happens from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                  X