How to start a Server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to start a Server?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this so please forgive me moderator. Me a some buddies are looking to start up our own ranked BF2 server. We looked at some of the server renter's, ie Leet, Seemeplayme etc... If we rented from one of them what would we need to do, other then ordering and paying. Do we need to download any server tools, or server patches? Basically we are completely ignorant in this area and need walkthroughs and baby steps taken to help us along. If anyone can help us we would surely appreciate it. Thankx for any help you guys can provide us

Re: How to start a Server?

BF2CC will give you complete control over what is on the server and how it works. I'm sure there will also be tools for the server itself (E.g. to reboot it etc...)

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial
      Not sure if this is the right place to post this so please forgive me moderator. Me a some buddies are looking to start up our own ranked BF2 server. We looked at some of the server renter's, ie Leet, Seemeplayme etc... If we rented from one of them what would we need to do, other then ordering and paying. Do we need to download any server tools, or server patches? Basically we are completely ignorant in this area and need walkthroughs and baby steps taken to help us along. If anyone can help us we would surely appreciate it. Thankx for any help you guys can provide us
      add me to xfire ill help ya out

Comment

How to start a ranked server? You will need 3 things.

1. Credit Card (payments range from 50-1000 / month USD)
        2. Maturity, most server's dont stay full because the people who run them act like idiots.
        3. Strong Community, large group of friends, clan, or gaming network to keep the server full when starts emptying out.

Its not easy to start with nothing. However if your only worried about setting the server up and all the software stuff then you don't have a thing to worry about. All providers are legally responsible for keeping your server up to date with all patches and running. You don't actually get access to your server. All you get is BF2CC access. That allows you to choose maps, restart your server, kick players, etc.

Comment

I'd recommend as you've already said "seemeplayme" or Branzone is pretty good since they bought out one of the cheapest providers a few months ago.

But as already said its a big task to keep them suckers populated and going, and the biggest most played servers that I've always seen are 40+slots playing certain maps that people more enjoy.

Comment

Thx guys that is helpful. Now which file do I dl Daemon or Client or both?

Comment

Working...
            X