HELP modding Jalabad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP modding Jalabad

Was wondering if any could help me. I am modding/editing jalabad 32 size. Basically just making no uncaps, only using hotel,junkyard at the flags in the middle and changing the location of the usmc main. But the uncap usmc base says uncap but its CAPPABLE!!!!, also the vechiles I want to spawn there won't spawn there. Someone pls help me out. You can reach me on xfire: acmia32 or email me at gembokk@yahoo.com

THX

Re: HELP modding Jalabad

quick question for you

did you open it up in editor?

if so how? whenever i try to edit a map in editor i get the error "no init.con found" which i know is horsecrap because i've already edited that before

(This is for my own mod btw)

Comment

Ya i'm using the editor. I'll try to get the guy who is doing all the work for me to come on and explain the situation better.

Comment

Originally posted by Duelen View Post
        I'll try to get the guy who is doing all the work for me to come on and explain the situation better.
        So thats me. I am trying to get the Jalalabad coded to be like the 32 size of dcon (smaller than the bf2 32 size). I am actually not using the editor (I don't know how to open up a map to edit the spawns and such). If you could explain to me on how to open up the map in the editor so I can edit the spawns, that would be great. I am also gonna need to find out how to change the minimap, so that it accurately shows the border line. The server.zip is here for Road To Jalalabad. As of right now it is only a serverside mod, so you dont need the client.zip. Also this is for CAL so its for BF2Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

you have to extract cilent.zip and server.zip of the map to be able to load it in the editor

Comment

Originally posted by superj358 View Post
            you have to extract cilent.zip and server.zip of the map to be able to load it in the editor
            I did, but all I see is the map, I don't see any flags or spawnpoints.

Comment

were you in map editor or level editor?

EDIT::: just done it myself, and it aint too brilliant, i'm no expert with editor but it just all came up with white textures and buildings

Comment

I don't see a map editor, all I see is the level editor. Also, if you are opening it up in bf2pro, then copy the client.zip from the bf2/Road_To_Jalalabad folder.

Comment

To see all of the flags and spawners in the editor create a folder in your map's folder and name it "editor'. After unzipping your client and server zips drop the desired gameplayoblects.con(gpo.con) into the editor folder. (ie. gamemodes/cq/32/gpo.con) Its been a while and I'm going from memory but I believe to have the editor open maps properly you need the colormaps folder and the detailmaps folders in the editor folder as well.
                  Once you edit the spawners etc in Level Editor and save in the editor, copy the gpo.con back into the gamemode subfolder you want it in. (...cq/16/...) Be sure to copy your original map folder first and save somewhere safe cuz 9 times out of 10 the editor WILL fubar something. Of course if your just changing spawned items or flag neutrality open the gpo.con you want in notepad and change via text.

I go thru the extra step of making a copy of the mod i want to edit (in this case BF2) rename it (BF2edit) and use the copy for all my editing then drag and drop my changes to the copy i know works.

Comment

Thanks, thats exactly what I need.

Comment

Thx everyone for the help

Comment

I got it fixed now, sort of. I have the folder for the map called "road_to_jalalabad_cal" and I need help converting the terrain from the original to this. The link for the map I have now is here. The terrain is black, and I cannot seem to get it to convert correctly. If someone can xfire me at baseballbrad3, and help me convert it, that would be amazing.

Comment

Are you actually changing terrain?? Thats a whole new bag of bunnies if you are. I haven't looked at your edit yet. Changing terrain like hills and stuff requires you to paint entirely new ground textures and materials as well as new lightmaps.

Oh wait....you renamed the map folder. (stream of slightly intoxicated consciousness as I type this)That ain't gonna work. The ground textures and materials are coded specifically for the map named "road to jalalabad" and wont work. Map names cannot be arbitrarily changed. There's a specific coding in each texture file that relates to the map name. Changing a map name requires hexediting each texture file among other things and that don't work very well either. For a stock map the only things you can really change are the spawners, flags, and combat areas.
                          I'll try to explain further when I'm awake and quite possibly even sober. Keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

I understand that they are for each specific map, but is there an easy way to export it out with the map name "road_to_jalalabad_cal"? I tried to do a save as from the terrain edtior in the bf2 editor and put in road_to_jalalabad_cal as my map name, then copied it over to my other road_to_jalalabad_cal and thats where I get this black terrain. I can load in just fine, its just the terrain is black.

Comment

Originally posted by baseballbrad3 View Post
                              I understand that they are for each specific map, but is there an easy way to export it out with the map name "road_to_jalalabad_cal"?
                              The only way I know of to rename a map is by editing 10 files inside the client and server zips. The map folder is referenced by those files so if you change the folder you must also change those files. See here: http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...showtopic=2998

Comment

Working...
                              X