wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless

i just built a new pc and i put in a wireless card (gigabyte GN-WP01GS) but im having some problems with it. it connects to the network alright, but every minute or two, my internet cuts out for a few seconds. This is really annoying for bf2, obviously. I tested to make sure that it was the wireless by running a wire down the hall.. and that solved the problem, but i dont want to have a wire running through the house. Any suggestions to prevent these cut outs?

btw, when it isn't cut out, i have "excellent" signal strength. 5 bars. also, i have the latest drivers.

Re: wireless

Check the connection from the card is going perfectly into the PCI slot, might be some dust etc..

Failing that, get a replacement

Comment

Sounds like it's just interference. All sorts of things can cause interference: cordless phones (biggest culprit), your computer, microwaves (not likely since I doubt you pop popcorn every two minutes ), etc.

Do a Google search for something like "wireless network interference" and read up.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
        ...microwaves (not likely since I doubt you pop popcorn every two minutes ), etc.
        :laugh:

Try running on a different wireless channel. Dunno if it helps or not tho, just an idea.

Comment

BF2 seems to be especially sensitive to wireless interference. When I was using wireless BF2 would lose connection any time someone used the microwave in the next room. Normal web browsing and even other games like BF1942 had no problem.

Comment

Working...
          X