Then and Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then and Now

After making my thread about me leaving Battlefield 2, I have one last question for you guys.

I've been thinking about what it is about Battlefield 2 that is different from other games, what is it that made me lose enjoyment in the game?

I finally figured it out.

*REMEMBER, this is MY opinion, not yours, and it is not Fact*

Back when it was just the demo and soldiers roamed across the Gulf of Oman, servers were not filled with rules, and the game was played like it was supposed to have been played.

Special Ops formed squads, and infiltrated the enemy *uncappable* with RIBs, destroying vital command assets.

Snipers covered the hills eliminating enemy soldiers before they managed to enter a vehicle.

Support/Assault/Medic went flag by flag, assisted by armor, capturing each post while supporting eachother.

Anti Tank soldiers created ambushes in cooperation with special ops to eliminate any approaching hostiles.

However, in the current game of Battlefield 2, Special Operations are rarely allowed to even enter an enemy base.

Snipers are forced to camp flags that are captured by armor the majority of the time.

And the rest of the team sits at the uncappable complaining, while the commander does nothing.

All the aspects, to me, that made the game enjoyable. Always having a challenge of being up against outstanding numbers of hostiles, only to have a friendly jet take them out after requesting it on VOIP.

I rarely got the amazing feeling of destroying enemy assets while defending myself against overwhelming numbers. Now, I receive fire, only to return fire and *attack the enemy uncap* and get kicked.

Does anybody else feel this way?

Re: Then and Now

Sort of. But maybe your choice of server is off. A couple I play are all about the free range. Not restricting certain flags to any certain team. I think the rules and the ADMIN dictate the quality of the gamplay.

yeah but its your call if you are going to come back. I just dont care. I hope you do though. BF2 is a good game if you know where to go =)

=JTF2_darkloop=

Comment

Back when it was just the demo and soldiers roamed across the Gulf of Oman, servers were not filled with rules, and the game was played like it was supposed to have been played.

Special Ops formed squads, and infiltrated the enemy *uncappable* with RIBs, destroying vital command assets.

Snipers covered the hills eliminating enemy soldiers before they managed to enter a vehicle.

Support/Assault/Medic went flag by flag, assisted by armor, capturing each post while supporting eachother.

Anti Tank soldiers created ambushes in cooperation with special ops to eliminate any approaching hostiles.

I wish it was that way now. Sounds like it was a real kick @$$ game.

but like darkloop said it's probably choice of servers....i don't explore servers that much which is why I only play Karkand with no vehicles because U.S. always camps with tanks near the hotel which is where i like to respawn.

Comment

Try maps like Fu She, and My personal favorite, Great Wall.

ah wait.you need EF for great wall. Omg I found a EF AF SF rotation server. It plays all booster and SF maps. It is great.

but ya Fu she, and i like Mashtuur city as well. Those are fun, but like DT said. IO karkand = ftw

Comment

^^^all the friggin' nades going off doesnt make the infantry only that much better anymore either though

Comment

depends on the server man. I like IO karkand wiht no more than 24 people. That way its more chill. You get the nade whores on IO karkand with 50 people. Smaller HP servers are better. Still IO but less nade whoring. Idk! Trust me it is better with less people.

Comment

yeh i usually play with a 60 player minimum (that's probably my problem)

Comment

IT IS YOUR PROBLEM
                were gunna have to play this one server sometime. youll like it. its pure awsomeness. ill send you the IP on xfire later. aight?

cool man
                this will be fun. Me playing with DT!

Comment

DTP is my clan lol

You ever hear of Ludacris? (the rapper, I don't know if you guys listen to hip-hop and rap up in the great white north lol)
                  Well he's in a group called DTP (Disturbing the Peace) it's sounds cool for clan name so I went with it (this was back when i was pwning on BFV and i just carried it over)

I switch off sometimes on BFV though, depends on what music I'm listening to. Sometimes P$C (Pimp $quad Clique). T.I.'s group.

Comment

I despise rap. WE HAVE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE IN CANADA ITS A COUNTRY GOSH AHH!!

but yeah I like \m/

Comment

^^^^

I crack one Canadian joke and he just goes off lol (j/k man)

Oh and for promotional uses: DTP is hiring experienced players.

Hey hit me up on xfire later and give me a time you want to play.

Comment

will do
                        ill pwn you while im at it =)

Comment

lol wouldnt surprise me either

Comment

Im jokin
                            i prob would own you a couple times
                            but right now im using my new account
                            which is ok but i dont have many unlocks
                            doesnt matter
                            im only using the M249 and the M16A2 for USMC, and for MEC RPK-74 and AK101, and for PLA QBZ-97 and Type 88 LMG

Stock guns all the way man!!

Comment

BF2 was good initially because of the novelty factor.

Everything was new and exciting.

Comment

Working...
                              X