Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative X-FI on Vista (PLEASE HELP!)

Hey,

Im running and Vista right now, and running almost direct into problems.

I've got in my rig a Creative X-FI soundcard, and it works great running on XP. With the application software I'm able to play BF on ultra high sound settings due the mode GAME-MODE is enabled on my card. However, my problem is, the software on the cd is not supported by Vista. I've got a working driver though, but I ain't able to put the settins on ultra high in BF.
    Most highly coz the modes are missing..

Is there a way to get BF again on ultra high audio settings?

Thanks in advance...

Link

Re: Creative X-FI on Vista (PLEASE HELP!)

Don't see how you are having problems mate to be honest.
    I recently did a clean install of Vista Ultimate, downloaded the drivers etc from Creative and Bob was indeed my uncle (I have the Fatal1ty Pro Gamer btw)
    All I can suggest is to install everything off the install disk, then go to Creative and in support get those programs that suit your card for Vista. Don't go over Creative Mediasource though, it will work fine in Vista with the new drivers. I still run BF2 on Ultra High sounds mate.

Comment

Which ver of Vista & what drivers ???? There are 7 versions of Vista and differnet drivers.

Comment

Thanks for ur reply's guys...

Problem solved..

The modus switch is gone, but the rest is installed.. Found it in my Controll panel.. (duh).. Wrong modus was activated..

Anyways, thanks

Comment

Working...
        X