Will I be able to run bf2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be able to run bf2?

Thinking about getting bf2 but not quite sure if my computer would be able to run it with settings not all on low to where I would be put to a disadvantage. Here are my specs:

Windows XP
    AMD Sempron Processor 3400+ 1.8ghz
    486mb of ram, but going to trade out a 256 for a 1gig
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE 256mb of ram
    Cable internet

What you guys think?

Re: Will I be able to run bf2?

on very low settings, you need atleast 1GB of RAM to run smoothly.

You ought to save up some cash and get a new pc tbh!, everything on your spec is dated and will not run the game well at all.

Comment

What if I was to put in 2gigs of ram?

Comment

Originally posted by unjustice813
        What if I was to put in 2gigs of ram?
        still everything on LOW, your gfx card is very poor

Comment

What if I was to buy a new graphics card and kept my ram at 512?

The best deals on computers, computer parts, desktops, laptops, electronics, tablets, software, gaming, hard drives, CPUs, motherboards, cables, and much more. With fast shipping and great customer service from Houston, Texas!

Would that run it ok?

Comment

I ran BF2 with a Geforce 5500 128MB G card.......with 1 gig of ram...(it sucked) but I could play....a guy in my squad ran BF2 with 512MB of ram better than me...I dont know what G card he had.......I now have a radeon 1650 pro and 1gig of ram and can run BF2 fine on med settings...but I put them on low...I think it is better without all the shadows and textures....(you can see a claymore before you can see the grass)....so it helps......LOL

Comment

512 mb of ram wont get u that far and it wont do any justice to that 7900gs (if u buy it). i would just save up money for a whole new computer

Comment

Well I just played the demo on multiplayer with 34 people in the game, wasn't all that bad with all the settings on low.

Comment

yeah you can play but with a new rig your game will be so much better....I just got a new radeon 1650 pro 256MB for like $70.00 and it helped a lot...

Comment

Working...
                  X