Issue with PB not liking a no cd crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with PB not liking a no cd crack

I'm so sick of skimming forums and seeing moderators reply to a problem similar to mine with 'zomg you're trying to pirate a game THREAD CLOSED111!'

Here's the deal: Yes, I own BF2. I paid for bf2 and special forces. I recently moved and left behind a wallet of computer game cds, and in it was the installation cds for BF2 and BF2:SF. I have discs 2 and 3 for bf2 and disc 2 for SF. I tried downloading a no cd crack from gamecopyworld.com out of random because I was sick of having to put in a disc and found out that punkbuster doesn't like it- I get kicked from a game within minutes. Stupid me, when I applied the crack, I didn't copy my original bf2.exe. I've tried everything and it's starting to get frustrating as hell. It took me forever to find a forum where someone gave their original bf2.exe (every other forum would close the thread, wtf? if you were pirating bf2 why would you want the original bf2.exe?) and now even if I insert my disc 2 and click on 'Play BF2' it pops up with 'Please insert Battlefield 2 Install Disc'.

This is driving me nuts, man. Why does it want the install disc? Before I tried the crack and I was back home I was able to shove in ANY bf2 related disc (even special forces) and it would run. I can't reinstall the game because I'm missing one disc. Anybody have any suggestions? Or why the bf2.exe I downloaded wants the one disc I don't have?

p.s. it's tempting to system restore back to when i had the original bf2.exe, but I've done some stuff since then that I'm afraid to mess with. what if I restored, pulled the original bf2 to desktop, and then undo the restore? will it still be there? thanks in advance..

Re: Issue with PB not liking a no cd crack

re-install the game and look to the link below

Comment

Yeah, but remember, I don't have the BF2 install disc. I can't reinstall. Will it still help?

EDIT: Hmm, I tried the link you gave me. The mirrors wouldn't work properly- Were you trying to point me toward cd images of the install disk? If so I could probably torrent them but it just seems like a pain in the arse.

Comment

no their mini images that will run the game without needing any discs,

as you dont have the original bf2.exe you will have to re-install it, so that might require buying a new game.

Comment

Dont flame me for this, but cant you just buy the game again?

Comment

okay you put the plug up there right now because when i come over for MY part of the deal, i dont wanna hear no complaints about how it hurts or whatnot.. ill send you the executable on AIM or XFire once im satisfied.

NAAAAH j/k. pm sent

Comment

your a pirate IMO least dont post it

why would u want it to run from harddrive ?it wont be any quicker

Comment

I'm a pirate? I've got every other file for the game plus working cd keys. If I was a pirate I'd be a pretty lame one for going through all this trouble. I've been playing the game since launch.. ;P By the way, LuckySeven sent me a mini cd image, I'm assuming the one Scinto was trying to link me to. I do have the original .exe and I've got absolutely everything but the install disc so it's working now. Thanks a lot guys!

Lol, someone wanted me to buy the game again?.. I'm not gonna flame but that's harsh.

Comment

Working...
                X