CTD when attempting login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD when attempting login

ok this problem is really pissing me off, basically i could not log into my online account on my bf2 (ctd every time) so i uninstalled the whole thing and reinstalled it, then patched it with the full 1.41 patch. when ever i try to log on with my online account it ctds with no error messages. so i uninstalled again and tried to log in under v1.0 and it worked first time. The reason i want to get on my online account is so i can play AF which required 1.3 patch and your online account to play so i installed 1.3 and it does the ctd thing again.

i have bf2:sf but i wasnt installing it when i was trying all this i dont think it would matter though ???

any ideas would be helpful
    thanks

-Phil

Re: CTD when attempting login

Whether you have installed SF or not shouldnt matter. But i would give it a go.

Now i cant be certain about this but from what other people generally say on these forums is to check you have updated punkbuster.

Comment

Re: CTD when attempting login

ok never mind what i said about no error i tried running in windowed mode and got this
      __________________________________________________ ________________
      Debug assertion failed!

Version: 1.1.2965-797.0 build date:2006-9-26 17:53
      Module:Persistence
      file: D:\aphrodite\bf2_1.4\code\bf2\game\persistence\HTT PRequest.cpp
      Line: 445

Text: The request is invalide due to an invalid gamespy url

Current confile:
      __________________________________________________ _____________

i tried updating my punkbuster software for bf2 through the pbsetup program and it worked fine i don't see any problems with that.

update: i disabled my firewall to see if that would do it and it still isn't working, so in some file its trying to connect to the wrong server or something right?

Comment

Working...
      X