Squad vehicles tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad vehicles tactics

One of the best ways to dominate is to combine infantry with armor vehicles, this is hard to do without one of those rare teamwork squads that swarms in a pack and spawns on SL no matter what.

If you do get this then hop into an apc or tank and make sure at least one player in your squad is AT you should spawn as either support or medic so that your buds can take cover behind you and heal or refill on ammo.

Often enough in the typical setting with lots of cover from deadly tank/apc fire the infantry man pops up and fires a rocket then back down and while reloading shifts position then repeat the process, the infantry man couldn't do that if there where infantry support there to lob nades or rush him.
    If you do this with a tank then make sure you don't have a gunner so that your buddies can spawn on you then get out or just have someone else be squad leader, with an apc you have space o its good.

The tanks unlimited machine gun ammo is the best for pinning someone down while you rush them.

With infantry you have the advantage during an armor battle because if someone in you squad has an f2000 they can actually flash bang the tank/apc driver and screw him over, they can c4 him, lay down mines or give you the advantage by firing AT rockets.

It’s much harder to beat an apc and 2 anti tank player than it is to just kill a lone t90.

Also infantry support mean you won’t get c4d and you can remove mines and have someone to fix you and someone to deal with deadly tow/hj8 static launchers.

Can you honestly say you will look at a lone tank with 9 other buddies around and be afraid?...no because although you may not think “it’s cool because infantry>lone tank you subconsciously understand that the deadly tank is nothing more than a gentle giant all alone.

A smaller squad can execute these same tactics with a hmv or vodnik its a little harder but if the infantry squad dismounts and the driver is behind them and switches to the gun then you have an uber accurate fast firing advantage.

I don’t need to explain what to do with a transport chopper.

if you have a squad member in a jet then have then strafe and bomb things, suddenly you have immunity to enemy armor, have the squad leader mark a target with an attack order and the jet can come on a long pass and start shooting at the attack order before he can even see the ground!
    you may not get the kill but the chances of those few enemy soldiers coming out with a 20mm cannon firing at where they just where is few little, during this time you can move.

I suggest that if you are in a fighter you stick to precision bomb using only the HUD...lemme find that vid it's really good example of what you do with the fighter for your squad.

looks like it wont let me click it but anyway the basics of precision bombing is to reload only one bomb then drop it, now your fighter drops one bomb at a time, the bottom line in your bombing view should be lined up with the very bottom of your HUD and you should fly perfectly level, when the target is in the cross of the bottom of HUD and the bottom bombing line...release you will have one bomb PERFECLTY on target.

This is an uber tactic if you suddenly need a bomb in one spot really fast.

With the bomber...just dive bomb the attack orders and have laser gunner hit vehicles.

Re: Squad vehicles tactics

Dude, thanks for the tips.

But can you format your stuff a bit? bold, titles, underlines, italics, etc?

A block of text is too much like .... my job.

It makes me frightened, just when I thought I was in a safe place......

Comment

good idea i never really thought of that, although the downside is the infrantry sacrifice points for the tank making it less attractive to a lot of people :X

And maybe not so good on maps with choppers cause infrantry and a tank altogether is dream come true for a pilot lol

Comment

Good advice, that was very helpful. Thanks.

Comment

YES here is that video

watch it, have SL mark a target with an attack order, if can be anything from a sniper a squad member just spotted out, to a tank to a pkm whor epinning you down, just spot it out then the SL can zoom in and mark it.

Comment

thanks mate i will use these.

Comment

i see what you mean, considering an APC and 2 AT rockets would have you gone after 3 (2 if ya hit the right place) shots.

but what is the video of 'precision bombing' for? relevance factor:0

Comment

The precision bombing video is to help you give more effective air support when your SL marks a target with an attack order for you to bomb.

Comment

Working...
                X