Hotel Rooftop on Karkand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Rooftop on Karkand

On a LAN server, I've been trying to get to the top of the MEC Hotel base using C4 with FF off. I haven't been able to get up. I can fly all the way to the top, but I just can't get onto the hotel. I've tried various things like spamming the parachute key on the way up, spamming the jump key, etc. but nothing has worked.

Any tips?

Re: Hotel Rooftop on Karkand

put c4 next to the hotel flag the stand just between the building and the c4 but almost on the c4 then fire

Comment

Do I have to move in any direction? Or will the placement of the C4 put me at an angle when I fly up? Also, when I saw someone on my team do it, they were beside the building when they launched themselves with the C4. They weren't at the flag.

Comment

The building the hotel is at is SOO hard to get on. I was just C4 jumping with someone in my squad. We got on the one across from hotel and towards square. It was an excellent spot. But ya. Im sick of Noobs Spammin Nades. No skill!!
        Attack me with the gun you unlocked, GOD!!

//thats off topic\\

=JTF2_darkloop=

Comment

I can do it every time when I go to the building next to the Hotel (The one that has stairs to the roof), but i'm still having trouble doing it from the lowest level right beside the hotel. I find walking while detonating works well

Comment

Anytime I see someone doing it, they run into the C4 as they detonate.

Try running in the direction you want to be blown to.

Comment

ok i know when your free falling, the angle your facing makes all the difference in how fast you move foward...if you look down, you fall down, if you look foward, you fall foward, but you haft look straight ahead to fall foward.....the further down you look, the slower you will fall foward.....try that out

Comment

the one I cant get on is the one the flag is physically on. The Apartment looking one. I dont even need C4 for the one across from the staired one.
                Hah walk across that little guard rail at full speed and jump to the other building. Its that easy.
                ... Well... Easier said than done.!!

Comment

Originally posted by JTF2_darkloop View Post
                  the one I cant get on is the one the flag is physically on. The Apartment looking one. I dont even need C4 for the one across from the staired one.
                  Hah walk across that little guard rail at full speed and jump to the other building. Its that easy.
                  Yeah, that's what I do. But once I'm on the building next to the one with the stairs I plant the C4s and then launch myself to the actual HOTEL building. The one that the flag is on.

Thanks for the tips everyone, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by JTF2_darkloop View Post
                    He wasn't saying use C4 to get on to that building he said use that building to lay the C4 on to get on to the hotel roof.

Comment

I found a perfect way to get up every time. Go to the roof of the building beside the Hotel. The one that you take the stairs to get up. It's at the courtyard. Then when you're there, you'll see those 2 ramps. Put all the C4 on the bottom of the right ramp, then run up the ramp and detonate the C4 right when you're at the edge of the top of the ramp. You'll then need to deploy your parachute once you're above the hotel roof.

It works everytime for me.

Comment

thats a great idea
                        im gunna try it tontie!!

=)

Comment

I'm also going to post screenshots to show how it should look. I'll do that sometime tomorrow, though.

Comment

Do it. Make a video of it. That would be helpful.

Comment

I'd make a video but I'm playing on a 2.0ghz, 700mb ram with an nvidia 5200, so fraps makes me lag

I can't get on my computer today, so like I said, the screenshots will come tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X