BF2 - Memory.dll or BF2.exe errors - Detailed w/ DX info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 - Memory.dll or BF2.exe errors - Detailed w/ DX info

I have seen similar posts and have searched around. If I missed something and you know of a link for a fix , feel free. I don't mind reading my own answers but this is driving me crazy and want to throw this out there while I continue my hunt for a fix.

1.) Direct X Info attached
    Power Supply Info - http://www.antec.com/specs/TP3_650_spe.html

2.) Drivers are ALL current. Do I need to list all of them? I have checked all the sites and they are current. My Vista 64 is a clean install from a week ago. No reinstalled drivers.

Installled drivers :
    A.) Intel 965P INF driver - reboot
    B.) Nvidia 158.18 driver - reboot
    C.) Xfi ExtremeMusic SBXF_PCDVT_LB_2_13_0012 - reboot

I am not sure if this could cause a issue but when I reloaded the OS I didn't have to load a driver for my Raptors Raid 0 (36gbx2). I just installed the OS on the Raid 0 with no hassle. SHould I load a OS app to handle raid drivers?

Also I can see my Xfi drivers are not WHQL Logo'd. I do have their latest drivers and I did on last install have my on board installed with the same issue.

3.) I only have Trend Micro 2007 running. MSCONFIG is edited pretty good. I also went under Advanced System Settings / Advanced / Performance and put "Adjust for Best Performance" which didn't change the outcome of the issue.

4.) BF2 is the only game installed and that I play on PC. I have had this issue for over a month. I just recently got fed up and reformatted again and did all BIOS/Drivers again.
    I can game usually for a good hour or more and all is working fine and then during a map change I get a Memory.dll error at random times during the map loading screen. Sometimes it's right before Join Game appears other times it is while the map progress bar is still loading. I have tried alot of troubleshooting steps. Can't think of them all while trying to write out a clear post for you all to diagnose.

Error 1 - http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...rorcloseup.jpg

Error 2 - http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...ditcloseup.jpg
    Some of the time I ONLY get this error and not the first error.

My Other Post on Anandtech : http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...&enterthread=y

Re: BF2 - Memory.dll or BF2.exe errors - Detailed w/ DX info

I've been dealing with this exact problem myself. It's driving me crazy and I've pretty much stopped playing BF2 for the last few weeks since installing VU 64bit.

Im running an evga 8800gtx (158.18) on an evga 680i. I have an Xfi extreme music too.

Power supply, PC power and cooling 750 quad. 1 raptor 150gb, 2gb pc8500 dominator

I have no issues under XP.

Comment

Are you trying to load from xfire or the bf2.exe?

Comment

Originally posted by Bogo
        Are you trying to load from xfire or the bf2.exe?

I load from Xfire. I have disabled Xfire while gaming though.

Comment

I sold my 8800GTS 320mb to a friend that also plays BF2. He was running latest drivers with a 7800GT with none of the issues I am experiencing. He called tonight and stated he now has the same issues with the 8800 and latest drivers in his BF2.

I ordered a 640mb SuperClocked version of the 8800GTS and am again seeing the same issue.

This makes me believe this is a Nvidia Driver issue. I hope they release new drivers SOON!

Comment

I had this problem as well and found the solution. It has something to do with PB.

Remove the PB folder (.../Battlefield 2/pb) completely. Then reinstall PB using PBSetup (on the EvenBalance website). That solves it for me.

Comment

Working...
            X