Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch wont install!

Hey this is my problem:

I have downloaded patch 1.41 to install on BF2. When i try to install it however, 3 error messages pop up. The first says "unable to get windows drive". The second says "Unable to get BF2 Drive". The thrid and final one says "BF2 patch was unable to install. At least 2090mb required."

I find these error messages extremely strange as i have over 3.5 gigabytes free on my hard-drive. I also know that the patch is not the problem, as i have downloaded it 4 times and each time this has occured. I have also tryed to unistall BF2 alltogether, but this does not work either as it "cannot find Bf2 directory. Uninstall Terminated." Please i need help as this is extremely frustrating.:evil:

Thanks

Re: Patch wont install!

Sounds like the BF2 info has been lost from the registry; did you have BF2 installed somewhere besides your C: drive and reinstalled your OS?
    Originally posted by clark007 View Post
    I find these error messages extremely strange as i have over 3.5 gigabytes free on my hard-drive.
    Do you have at least 3 GB available on both your C: drive and the drive BF2 is on (if they are different)?

Comment

I'm thinking a total start over. Uninstall all you can, then reinstall BF2 AND ALL the patches since 1.3. Thats 1.3, 1.4 and 1.41. There may be a few more small things to rule out, like in device manager to make sure you have no issues there. Then make sure your installing into the correct drive for each step. I have never experienced all this, but thats what I think I would try. Oh, and be sure to install DirectX9 when asked. Good luck ...and like most things, there is an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy View Post
        then reinstall BF2 AND ALL the patches since 1.3. Thats 1.3, 1.4 and 1.41.
        There is no reason to install any other patches before 1.41. AFAIK it is only available as a full patch, not an incremental, so it includes every file from earlier patches.

Comment

alright ...fine, just saying what worked for me. If I uninstall, I reinstall 'everything', all full patches ...works fine, and it didn't before I did that.

Comment

yup no need to install other patches, check the free space on your hard drive, if you have enough space i'd uninstall and reinstall bf2, 1.41 patch then any addons boosters, 1.41 again...

Comment

Working...
            X