Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 Vista problems! please please help me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Vista problems! please please help me!!

hi,

i've been having huge problems running BF2 on vista 32-bit version and i've got the latest drivers for my graphics card and sound card. Whenever i try and start a map in Singleplayer, the map loads but then the screen goes black, and a message saying 'power saving on' or something like that pops up on my screen!! the sound is still there playing but no image! is it a problem with DirectX 10 or something??

Please please help me!! any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is not the only game this has happened in (also happened in Quake 4)!

Re: BF2 Vista problems! please please help me!!

any chance we could get some system specs?

Comment

sorry yeah here they are (as much as i know!) :

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 (2.8ghz)
      ASUS MV2 motherboard
      1GB Corsair ram
      BFG OC2 Geforce 8800GS 640mb
      19" LCD LG Flatron L1916S

i'd greatly appreciate any help!

Also i have updated BF2 with the 1.41 patch n it still crashes to a black screen with 'power saving mode' on!

Comment

Are you running in compatibility mode for XP?

Comment

thanks for replying yeah i am, and running it as administrator too!

Comment

Does the game run for multi-player?

Comment

nope it doesn't do that either same issue of just loading a level then the screen goes black and i cant do anything, not even ctrl alt delete!

Comment

Originally posted by letmein2005 View Post
                hi,

is it a problem with DirectX 10 or something??

maybe, maybe not. In any case if you haven't done so download this,

download, software, update, Microsoft, product, computer, PC, Windows, Office, server, MSN, Live, game, Xbox, security, driver, install, trial, preview, demo, popular

and run it. It will update both DX10 and DX9 files. Another thing is what resolution are you trying to run the game at, and what is the native resolution for your LCD?

Comment

Delete your old profiles and create totally new ones, clear your cache and try again.

Comment

you need to disable all the powersaver option's in your vista settings, vista cuts of the power supply to your monitor and if left long enough it will aslo shut your computer down, if you need help pm me or get me on msn samarlian@hotmail.co.uk

Comment

hey thanks for all the replies well i downloaded that dx9/10 updater and i thought it had worked for a few mins, as the map loaded and it let me play for a few minutes. however, then the game froze completely and did the same thing again, the monitor goes black with the 'power saving on' message!! im running the game at 1024x768 and my monitors max is 1280x1024. anybody got an idea wot could be wrong? thanks again for ur replies

Comment

There is one way to solve all your problems (as I heard it's gaining popularity right now everywhere):

Format your hard disk and install Windows XP.

Comment

lol yeah i am actually thinkin about that now! coz literally none of my games work with Vista right now, pain in the arse!

altho ironically i actually switched to Vista coz XP kept crashing on me coz of Nvidia drivers!

Comment

check power options in control panel, power options, and be sure to check the box that says high performance. then, if you reinstalled the game, be sure to reinstall all the patches since 1.3 (1.3, 1.4, 1.41) ...lastly, BF2 runs on DirectX9. Not 10, when asked, be sure to install that (yeah, yeah, yeah...even after you just updated it). Oh, and just so's ya know, Vista running BF2 will be way better with 2 gigs ram ...1 wont cut it.

Please pass on the results :-)

Comment

Originally posted by letmein2005 View Post
                              lol yeah i am actually thinkin about that now! coz literally none of my games work with Vista right now, pain in the arse!

altho ironically i actually switched to Vista coz XP kept crashing on me coz of Nvidia drivers!
                              Wow you must have bad luck!

Does anything come up when you try to run a game or......Describe the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X