Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ping jumping up

sorry if in wrong section

since yesterday my ping has been jumping up to like 400 and coming down to normal, it happens like every 15-20 mins

it happens in any server I go to

any ideas?

Re: ping jumping up

That happens to me sometimes. I usually notice it right after I die and go to the TAB screen.

Even if my ping is in the 20's it'll go up towards the 100's for a second or two and then drop back down to normal. It's a rarity though. Always wondered what's up with that too.

Comment

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3
      That happens to me sometimes. I usually notice it right after I die and go to the TAB screen.

Even if my ping is in the 20's it'll go up towards the 100's for a second or two and then drop back down to normal. It's a rarity though. Always wondered what's up with that too.

yea I never had this problem before, it started yesterday

on some servers my ping is around 20-30 but it still goes up to like 400 for about 5-10 seconds and it comes back down

Comment

update your pb manually.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
          update your pb manually.
          last time i did that I had to reinstall my game

Comment

I've never seen it go that high...

Comment

Did you notice any networking problems outside of BF2? Could be routing problems in your area...

Comment

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3

I got that problem too, and it especially loves to happen when you're about to knife some1...then high ping and you die... *sigh*

Comment

yeh i have been having this problem lately...my isp is aol.....my ping has reached over 1000 in the last few days...i think its fixed now....all i did was try to uninstall game and clicked modify instead of remove, i then clicked uninstall and in a millisecond it said it finished uninstalling even tho bf2 was still there, so i tried bf2 and everything is fine now

Comment

reason could be that any other application on your PC/network is requireing a big amount of your bandwith (antivirus updateing, filesharing, other PC in your LAN ect.)

it could also be the connection to that (or some) specific server(s).
                    try one from a different country. (could be your ISP which has troubels, or a other backbone/routing issue to that hoster/country)

or you simple have troubles with your connection in general -> ISP
                    you can test that by:
                    -> start -> run -> ping www.google.(where ever you live "de" i.e.) /t
                    watch the times and make sure no other traffic is going on.

you can also try a tracert to the IP of the BF2 server, to see where it occurs. but since it happens only sometimes, this could take a while.

i allready had all of the above here once :S

Comment

this used to happen to me and it was my firewall causing it. do you have zonealarm?

Comment

I dunno, I dont run any anti virus programs in th eback

ill try restarting my modem and updating pb, if that doesnt help then its my ISP

they have issues often

sigh AT$T yahoo DSL

Comment

Don't listen to Pred, he's just making excuses for being terrible.

Comment

Try restarting your router. I find that releasing and gaining a new IP can do wonders for my ping. Sometimes i will have like a 150-200 ping, so i restart my router which releases my current IP and gets me a new one. I think its something to do with the gateways that specfic ip's go through.

You could also use the command prompt "ipconfig /release" or "ipconfig /"your network name" / release

Comment

dont use a router

I restarted my modem but it didnt help, im afraid to update PB lol coz every time I do it something goes wrong with my game

Comment

Working...
                              X