Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea...

Hi all!

I've been thinking a lot lately on making a movie of a whole round where I fly my jet and do kills, quite similar to the one metallica did a few months ago (or was is years?).

Now what I need is some help. I've allready got the editing programs, HD-space (approx 50-100 GB), music and idea ready. Since I know nothing about it, it would be nice if I could get basic information on compressing techniques (guides etc?), what quality I can be expecting from a whole round (15-20 min not hosted on YT or GV) and of course maybe some other tips on different subjects.

Thanks in advance!

Re: An idea...

lol...best bet would be to read your own sig.

Comment

Thanks for that brilliant idea. Can you give me an idea of what to search for?

Comment

aaah not fast enough

Comment

Seriously guys, thanks for the links but if that was only what I was looking for I'd not make a thread about it.

I need more information such as how much space does it take?

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52 View Post
              ...I need more information such as how much space does it take?
              I render my videos to WMV format. I start with 1280x1024 format video captured using FRAPs and then edit them into a project with a final resolution of 1024x768. The rendered result comes in around 150-200mb for approximately 5 minutes of footage.

I do not have the benefits of the money and resources available to some of the experts here so I do not generally use HD formats....YET

Don't know if that helps you at all....

Comment

5 min of 800x600 uncompressed AVI is about 12 gigs.. from what you said, I think you should have enough space if you have 50-100 gigs ready

Comment

Working...
                X