Best Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Mod?

I know i will get different opinions but looking at downloading a mod for bf2 and wanna know which is the best/most enjoyable.

thanks
    j

Re: Best Mod?

Sand Box is really fun. I havent played it because for some reason it didnt work, but im told its quite fun.

Comment

Depends heavily on what you are looking for
      Sandbox if you like messing around and just building things -think HL2's Garry's Mod

Project Reality if the childish gameplay of BF2 irritates you and you want something slower, more intense, tactical and where a bullet can actually kill. It's also the most popular/played mod with the most loyal player base - where other mods die after a few weeks, PR stabilises and has constant full servers

<Insert any other mod here> if you just want a change of scene - POE2, OPK, USI etc.

Dcon if you liked Desert Conflict and think BF2 is too slow and too realistic

there's alot of choice

Comment

Desert Con i found quite confuzzling.

Comment

are there to many people play the mods coz i havent tryed any of them is it worth it ?

Comment

Best thing to do is to try them all, they're all FREE. If you need help installing or if you have any questions about Desert Conflict let me know via PM or visit our site www.desert-conflict.org . Our .2 version will be released pretty soon.

Here is our promo vid for .1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJXIEbkF10U

Comment

Best thing to do is to try them all, they're all FREE.
              That's terrible advice to be perfectly honest. You find the genre or theme that most appeals to you and read the reviews. Shop around and then take the plunge - no point wasting gigabytes of HD and time downloading junk.
              are there to many people play the mods coz i havent tryed any of them is it worth it ?
              To see the player numbers see here

alter the mod name value as appropriate

Comment

Yeah i would be doing mods.....if it wasn't for my computer. I tried one mod, and it was much to laggy.

Comment

I like them all except for the 30 second spawn one. The only mod I can't get working is the battleship one. DCON has some chopper issues but I'd plump for DCON over the others.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                    - no point wasting gigabytes of HD and time downloading junk.
                    That's uncalled for. The devs work bloody hard to turn out these mods. Yup they're all different, and some not so polished as others. But to label any as 'junk' is just plain unfair. Have some respect (and, if you play a mod, some thanks). PS - Project Reality ftw.

Comment

project reality!

Comment

its a coke vs. pepsi argument.

it's all about preference.

Comment

PoE:2 by far was the best mod IMO. Played it almost continually for 2 weeks straight...

Then it died for some unknown reason. :cry:

PR was good until they introduced the long spawn times, I don't care if it makes you try and stay alive longer...it was God damned annoying.

DCon was good for about 2 days...then it just felt old.

Forgotten Hope looks good though, but I don't hold much hope for it TBH.

Comment

all you guys/girls better install that FH2 mod, you hear!

I'm insane for something new, god damn it

Comment

Originally posted by AckAck View Post
                              The only mod I can't get working is the battleship one.
                              If you can PM me, I'll see if I cant help you out. Though I warn you, not many people play it any more.

Comment

Working...
                              X