Airsoft MOD for BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft MOD for BF2

I would like to put together a MOD based on the Mil-Sim game of Airsoft.

I play with my team on a regular basis in real life and would like to see this come into play as a MOD for BF2.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This is how I'd like it to be...
    Jets and Tanks will be removed from maps. Artillary will stay and work the same.
    Hummer, Jeep and other personal vehicles, even APCs will stay, but can't be destroyed (we are shooting BB guns here) The vehicles will have BB guns as well. I can record the sound of my AEG firing in single and auto and use as the game's gun sounds. Also can record the sound of my gas blowback pistol and use for pistol sounds. Grenades, Claymores and Smoke would stay the same. Anti-Armor mines would be removed. Anti-Armor RPG and Launchers would stay but have an explosive radious, to be used against players and not vehicles. Course u could still shoot a vehicle w/ rocket, RPG, grenades and kill the players in that vehicle. The vehicle would stay in place for others to use, or after a time period, it'll simply respawn back at base. BF2 already has no bloody effects, so this works out. The player is simply wounded waiting for medic. Medic doesn't reach the player in time, that player respawns as normal. Explosive sounds of grenades, claymores and rockets would stay the same, as it would be too unrealistic to make them use airsoft gun sounds and such. Bullet tracer fire will be replaced by that of white tracer BB fire. I would need help with some things though. The sounds I can do no problems. I don't know how to edit the maps though and remove vehicles and such. I would also need to remove the muzzle flash fire and increase the amount of tracer fire, since it'll be more like airsoft not to see a muzzle flash, but to see a tracer line of white BBs. Anyone who wants to help out, again I'd appreciate it. Things like ejecting brass shells, can just stay in the game. Some airsoft guns do have this feature, so I'll leave it in.

How's this sounding so far ??? Drop me some input please, THANX!

If you'd like to check out 1st Cavalry Airsoft of Maryland (Airsoft Mil-Sim Team)
    go here > http://www.1stcavairsoft.com

Re: Airsoft MOD for BF2

see i thought this would be stupid and say "jus play infy" but i would actually love 2 play this!

i cant really help u but i know for the "tracers" make them a "tracer" every bullet insted of every 3 (in vbf2)

Comment

Well I'm glad you like the idea @ least. The reason I wanted to do it, first I've tried the paintball mod. I thought it would be like normal BF2 combat but with everyone using paintball guns and have colored markers all over the walls and such. But it's maps are PB-type arenas and I didn't like this @ all. I used to play paintball when I was young, through my teenage years and such. Now that I'm older, I love the realism of Military-Simulation, and Airsoft for the most part does just that. Not everyone in airsoft takes it seriously. But on my airsoft team, 1st Cav, we take it pretty seriously and this helps to drive us to make airsoft better for everyone around us. I wanted to get my airsoft team playing BF2. What better way to have fun then to take airsoft and bring it to a good game that isn't that hard to mod, like BF2.

I will leave this alone for a few days or so and see how many people would like to see this made, then I'll start to work on the actual mod. I can't see it taking too long to complete. As there really doesn't need to be a whole lot done in the way of modding to achieve what I want to see in the end.

Comment

i hate "fun" airsoft, i love milsim but theres no ranges to play out here so im stuck here playin wit my friends

Comment

I love that idea

Comment

is this a mini-mod or complete conversion?

Comment

Cool idea.
              Always wanted an airsoft mod.

Comment

like it to

Comment

Before you start you gotta know that you can't remove ragdolls.

Comment

airsoft mod exist ! its very new first version out the 9 Jun 2007 !Link to download version 1.2

the version 2 come whith 45 new weapons ! exellent mod but wait some days for the version 2

Comment

Cool but it's like a simulation of a simulation...

But I'd still check it out.

Comment

MILSIM i love it. =)

Comment

I dont get it ... when you get shot will you die or just start swearing "Ow! Oooh! F&CK!"

Comment

you die... it's 1 hit kill....

basically what he did was *probably* take down everyones armor, as it's faster than boosting all the gun power.

Then he changed the kits around and stuff.

New maps too.

Comment

Well....For an airsoft mod i vote ALOT of weapons.

Comment

Working...
                              X