Anti Baseraping Server-Side MOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Baseraping Server-Side MOD

As some have requested, here is a server-side mod tool to stop basecampers. Plz click on this link to learn more. Hope this helps

Re: Anti Baseraping Server-Side MOD

This is such a great idea!

If you didn't know, there is more basecamping/spawncamping/baseraping in DC then vanilla, which is ironic and pointless.

Good job, hope it's implemented on more servers the next time I play.

Comment

as I've already said...

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
      If your on a server that allows it then find another server, plain and simple.
      Its part of the damn game if you ask me, cause if your team is that bad to allow you to get pushed to your main then you deserve to be raped hard!

Comment

too little too late, way too many players completly stopped playing dc because of all the base raping. its absolutely the largest complaint i ever hear on why people refuse to even load up a game, next would be the lag from the buried barbed wire fences used for razor wire.

i hate to say it but you guys lost the majority of the fan base with all the rape fest severs, your lucky to see one populated at a time now and no patch will ever correct it.

dont get me wrong, i love it, i love the maps, nothing even compares to gazala as far as im concerned but the regular players are long gone, all that base raping just pisses them off so much they uninstall the mod, you cant say it doesn't, i witnessed one of the devs get spawn killed so many times last night he simply quite playing and left the server and when the devs cant stand the spawn raping you know its getting bad.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
          too little too late, way too many players completly stopped playing dc because of all the base raping. its absolutely the largest complaint i ever hear on why people refuse to even load up a game, next would be the lag from the buried barbed wire fences used for razor wire.

i hate to say it but you guys lost the majority of the fan base with all the rape fest severs, your lucky to see one populated at a time now and no patch will ever correct it.

dont get me wrong, i love it, i love the maps, nothing even compares to gazala as far as im concerned but the regular players are long gone, all that base raping just pisses them off so much they uninstall the mod, you cant say it doesn't, i witnessed one of the devs get spawn killed so many times last night he simply quite playing and left the server and when the devs cant stand the spawn raping you know its getting bad.
          Too little too late? Good god, it's only our first release, of course we have problems much like any other MOD out there. But we are also working hard solving these problems. WE have solved most if not all the lag problems, we have an anti baserape program and many other new things that can be controlled via server side MOD and not to mention new original maps and content which will all be included in our next release. Despite some of the issues we have, DCon is still the #2 most played mod, and ladders/leagues are either waiting for the patch or already underway. Hopefully, when the patch is out, people that left due to lag or whatever will come back and enjoy DCon, If not, then good luck with whatever he/she will be playing.

Comment

I have to defend the DEVS on this one a little since its not their problem to be concerned with. Base raping rules are server side, if your playing on a server that allows it fnin leave and find another one that doesn't allow it. Its that simple!! If people are complaining about it they are too damn lazy to find another server, end of story.

Comment

I have to defend the DEVS on this one a little since its not their problem to be concerned with. Base raping rules are server side, if your playing on a server that allows it fnin leave and find another one that doesn't allow it. Its that simple!! If people are complaining about it they are too damn lazy to find another server, end of story.
              when there are only 2 servers populated in the US you have to deal with the base raping or just stop playing the mod altogether and sadly many people chose the later, thats the problem, you cant just go and find a new server, theres only 2 in the us that ever get populated and spawn killing in the main is the name of the game.

Comment

I agree, it's the admin's responsibility to admin the server correctly.

Comment

i understand about server rules not being the devs problem but theres a reason poe has the dome of death. dont get me wrong, we all have baseraped, it happens, and yes it can be fun once in awhile but it just seems to be the main focus of most dcon players. they can rack up more points spawn killing the main than getting flags so guess witch one they chose. perhaps increasing the flag capture or flag defense points could help draw people back into the real focus of the game, the flags.

Comment

when there are only 2 servers populated in the US you have to deal with the base raping or just stop playing the mod altogether and sadly many people chose the later, thats the problem, you cant just go and find a new server, theres only 2 in the us that ever get populated and spawn killing in the main is the name of the game.

well join the unpopulated servers and get them populated and pull people from the server you and them dislike and play on another..its pretty simple to do.

It only takes about a few people each night to get one going good, after all they all start somewhere. But the name of the game is to win and in WWII perhaps it wouldn't be very effective if Hitler asked the US not to invade Germany LOL.

I've got a server up for DCON playing alot of cool maps which are unmodded maps so you don't have 10 of the same jet in the air which although I don't see a problem with Base raping I don't allow it on the server UNTIL one team has all the other flags. So feel free to populate it with yourself and your friends and I'm sure after a few days once the word gets out others will follow.

Comment

The Anti base rape tool they put out works great, and will be in the next release as a server side option I think.

Comment

Originally posted by HaVOCK-ElEEt View Post
                        The Anti base rape tool they put out works great, and will be in the next release as a server side option I think.
                        I'm really curious on these servers yall play on that you dislike this happening? Post em, I'd like to go to them and see if its that big of a problem or if the server is running anything "Optional" that helps this along. I just see it as a major problem if you know how to use the base weapons and work as a team to ward em off.

Comment

I'm really curious on these servers yall play on that you dislike this happening? Post em, I'd like to go to them and see if its that big of a problem or if the server is running anything "Optional" that helps this along. I just see it as a major problem if you know how to use the base weapons and work as a team to ward em off.
                          If you’re talking about the anti-base raping script I have it running on one of our DCON servers now. I currently only have it running on the El Alamein map but I will be adding it to the rest of the maps later this week when I get time. We are also working on a few minor custom server side mods for both of our DCON servers.

As it stands right now the server that is not running the base rape script is usually pretty busy especially in the evenings and it has a few minor tweaks done to the vehicle spawns however we are going to wait until the next release before proceeding with doing any major server side modding.

I can’t offer you any special recipe or secret to hosting a successful DCON server but I can tell you that I let my regulars and players pretty much make the rules and I run the server based on completely on a majority rules system. Another mistake that may people make is that they overly admin their servers. You need to act less like an admin and more like a host with your players and you should never argue or be overly aggressive with trouble makers because that just disrupts all the players in the server.

Also don’t be so quick to whip out the admin stick try to reason and talk with the person to win them over as a player that you want to have on your server. Keep in mind that while there are quite a few *** wipes out there most of them can turn out to be good regulars on your server if you deal with them correctly as people like this for the most part are crying out for acceptance and want to be recognition someone.

Anyway I have included the Game- Monitor information below for both of our DCON servers and your welcome to come hang out and game with us for a bit. If you stop by or even if you don’t give me a shout and we can discuss this in greater detail.

Let me say this I am more interested in having a good selection of DCON servers for the players to choose from and I am willing to work with any other clan or community that is more interested in supporting the DCON mod community as a whole than how to compete with another server player. Keep this in mind we have a very small percentage of players that even play the mods and an even smaller percentage of them play DCON so why in the heck are we basically fighting amongst ourselves over a very limited number of players when we should work together to support the DCON mod and the gamers that play it, so that we can build a strong fan base to keep the mod alive far in to the future.

If you a fan and a supporter of this mod and your sincerely interested in working together to support the mod for the players that enjoy it then drop me a line and we can get together to work on some ideas to help promote the mod and the gamers that play it. I sincerely wish to see this mod grow and prosper for a long time to come.

well join the unpopulated servers and get them populated and pull people from the server you and them dislike and play on another..its pretty simple to do.
                          This is exactly the kind of crap I am talking about. I don’t think it's very wise of you to be telling people to do stuff like this.

Most server owners I know would not take too kindly to another server owner or player doing this on their server period no excuses... :shakehead:

Comment

From what I see the majority don't care about base raping as its WAR and part of the game IMO.

Which Chronic I think is why you have that one server so populated besides it showing up "ranked" in the search of servers which does help out alot when a newly found DCON mod loader goes to search for servers you only see like 3-4 when you search unless you uncheck "Ranked" which we all know most users are BF2 regulars and this is unlikely.

Adding this server side to a server I think will kill it in the long run.... Best way to admin this idea is to tell players Once your team has all the capable flags then its Raping Season and do whatever....but once one goes neutral then you have to back off and regain that flag. This is how the battle should go and there are plenty of ways to ward of base rapers from shoulder fired missles, AA placements, other jets, sniper rifles etc..... just learn to play the game is what I tell people cause if you do then you won't be raped like the rest of the "mine mine mine" noobs waiting for a A10.

Comment

From what I see the majority don't care about base raping as its WAR and part of the game IMO.

Which Chronic I think is why you have that one server so populated besides it showing up "ranked" in the search of servers which does help out alot when a newly found DCON mod loader goes to search for servers you only see like 3-4 when you search unless you uncheck "Ranked" which we all know most users are BF2 regulars and this is unlikely.
                              That is the reason players find my server however it has nothing to do with the fact that it is popular with the players.

The fact of the matter is that most players don't think or bother to uncheck the ranked box in their browser when they are looking for a server to play on so yea none of the other servers show up in their browser when they look so by displaying the ranked images it helps assure players see the server.

Quite simply put the reason I have such a popular server is that I let the players run it and make the rules. What most admins fail to realize is while you may host and pay for the server it is worthless with out player traffic and after 22 months of playing this game I understand that player are looking for servers that they can play on where they have a say in how its run and with out being hassled and bullied by clan members or admins.

Too many of my fellow server owners seem to operate with the belief that it’s their server we pay for it so we will make the rules mentality. Well then guess what you can play on it by yourself because the server is not worth the damn with out the players, it’s just another wasted piece of garble in the browser that players are forced to sift through to find a decent server to play on.

I am not saying that having rules on a serve is necessarily a bad thing but before you pull out your big admin stick make sure the rules you have on your server suit the demographic of the players your looking to attract and keep on your server. While your not going to be able to please everyone your open minded and honestly listen to what your players want you will develop and keep a loyal fan base for as long as the mod is popular.

Over the past few weeks I have had quite a few players that have been asking for some rules to prevent base raping and for some different maps so to accommodate them I have setup a second DCON server using the maps they are asking to play and I have incorporated an anti- base raping script so that I can spend more time gaming and talking with the players and less time play big bad admin.

I have been at this stuff for 10 years now and I can honestly tell you there is no absolute method or technique that will guarantee you success when trying to host a successful server and I am fully aware that our server could fall on it’s *** at any time. However I can tell you that if you want to have a chance at hosting a successful server that you need to understand the laws of supply and demand as well as the gamer’s mentality if you hope to have a chance at hosting a popular servers that players enjoy gaming on.

I know it sounds like a bunch of physo babble but think about it if you were a gamer out looking to pub what type of server would you want to game on? Then forget that thought and listen to what the players are actually saying and let them run it for you while you sit back and enjoy playing on a populated server.

I want to say this to all of you that ask why can’t we find server to play on or wonder why there are so few people playing the mods? Well the answers is partly because of us server owners and clan leaders who continue to treat this like it’s a competition or macho ego trip to host a game server.

I said it before and I will say it again if we want to draw new players and keep this mod popular then we need to change the way we do things and try to work together to support the mods.

In closing let me say this, I am willing to work with any clan or community that supports DCON or any of the other mods for that matter if they are sincerely more interested in supporting the mod and the community rather than their own ego trip so that we have good populated servers for all of us to play on and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X