Would Bf2 be any fun as an RTS game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Bf2 be any fun as an RTS game?

What do you guys think about BF2 being a RTS game. I think it would be funn to tell you the truth but then again im a big RTS fan.

Re: Would Bf2 be any fun as an RTS game?

Yeah, in RTS games the guns are supposed to suck so that you can only play with large numbers, so I think I`d be pretty good.

Comment

I have wrote up pages and pages of ideas for BF as an RTS, like WoW. I am not really in the mood to dig up those because I have over 3000 posts now and it is either going through them or rewriting.

But yes. I think it is very possible. And man, I love my ideas...I can't not say how cool it could be if they were setup right.

Then again, from everyone that has already tired, I don't think they have had much success. It would take a major release from someone that has had a track record of making great FPS games to pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild View Post
        I have wrote up pages and pages of ideas for BF as an RTS, like WoW. I am not really in the mood to dig up those because I have over 3000 posts now and it is either going through them or rewriting.

But yes. I think it is very possible. And man, I love my ideas...I can't not say how cool it could be if they were setup right.

Then again, from everyone that has already tired, I don't think they have had much success. It would take a major release from someone that has had a track record of making great FPS games to pull it off.
        WoW is an MMORPG

Comment

Hmm I am a mjor RTS player, and since playing SupCom, I don' t think I could go to any smaller scale RTS, so no.

Comment

i dunno about a full scale rts, but a bf2 type game with hundreds of players on each team and a commander who has rts capablities, such as building tanks and stuff for the players to control. your team gets money for killing enemies and controling flags, and the commander can use that money to buy weapon upgrades or vehicles or NON-automated base defenses (must be manned).

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr View Post
              WoW is an MMORPG
              Opps, thanks, smoking crack does wonders for the mind

Comment

Originally posted by flippy199 View Post
                i dunno about a full scale rts, but a bf2 type game with hundreds of players on each team and a commander who has rts capablities, such as building tanks and stuff for the players to control. your team gets money for killing enemies and controling flags, and the commander can use that money to buy weapon upgrades or vehicles or NON-automated base defenses (must be manned).
                i would totally play that............... I WANT A MOD

Comment

Mybe we can come up with some good ideas likes you mentioned rocket and send them to EA and see if any good comes out of it lol.

Comment

It would suck as it is...the only tactic would be out flanking amour, if they re-developed it maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa View Post
                      Mybe we can come up with some good ideas likes you mentioned rocket and send them to EA and see if any good comes out of it lol.
                      TBH, I think at this point, if it isn't Id or Blizzard, I would not trust anyone to do it. Sony did a great job with Everquest. It was popular for a great deal of time and highly customizable. But, it would take someone like Blizzard and Id to pull it off right. Even then, it would take a company dedicated to the project because it would be hella expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild View Post
                        TBH, I think at this point, if it isn't Id or Blizzard, I would not trust anyone to do it. Sony did a great job with Everquest. It was popular for a great deal of time and highly customizable. But, it would take someone like Blizzard and Id to pull it off right. Even then, it would take a company dedicated to the project because it would be hella expensive.
                        id get like maybe a whole friggin team to do this if i knew how to mod i would totally help out but o wells i cant mod......:cry:

Comment

i cant stand RTS games....i think they suck......theres no way one can be immersed in the world of an RTS....so i think it would be a crappy waste-of-time idea

Comment

immersed in an RTS? Don't you mean an RPG?

Comment

Originally posted by AerialDistortion View Post
                              immersed in an RTS? Don't you mean an RPG?
                              no i mean its not gonna happen like one can be immersed in an FPS which is what bf2 is.....

i also hate role playing games....they require endless hours of playing.....if u dont have hours to devote per sitting u might as well not even login

Comment

Working...
                              X