How about a rainforest map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a rainforest map?

How about one? and I'm not talking forest, im talking RAINFOREST! I just think its about time for a game to create a jungle type environment with insanely dense vegatation, but with some small clearings. I am certain this type of map works, because I have played one like this in two games, resulting in probably the greatest teamwork-forced mission environments ever. I understand completely that it might be annoying as hell to get all this processed with the bf2 engine, but I also understand how possible it is once the map(s) are optimized and tested. Realism in this type of map would be insanely important yet so freaking fun. Think about how everyone would be constantly planning strategys on who is setting up position at what spot, and who will flank which direction on whos command. Do you understand how amazing ambushes will be on these levels? Think about how if one team decides to pull the rediculous "ok who cares its a run and gun game lets just do this unrealisticly" move...well, the other team can and WILL apply realistic tactics, and that team will WIN! thats because this environment provides the perfect conditions for this. I understand that many, MANY suggestions are turned down for various reasons for BF2 mods. On the other hand, I highly suggest to go over the possibilities and end results: take the game SOCOM2 for instance. The game was, and still is, one of the most highly played games for the PS2 online. There is a level known as enowapi: a dense jungle environment in which the SEAL team moves through the vegatation for about a half mile, through a shadow-covered swamp, and up through the foggy hills and small mountains to the terrorists outpost. the bomb must be planted. snipers always place themselves strategically, so the seal team is always working together to assess the situation at all times. Information is crucial; at any point during the round, something can change the mission layout greatly; for in stance, one time I was playing, and leading my team. we had two groups, alpha and bravo respectively, breach the stronghold via two opposing entrances. I had a sniper team set up a sniper nest in the high grounds in a dense vegation covered area. the snipers would constantly report enemy movement in certain areas, and I would work out different routes with the two groups. at one point, the sniper team was spotted by a lonewolf enemy, whom had reported them back to the base. two shots were fired from an unknown location, and communication was lost with the sniper recon team. the mission changed into a seek and destroy mission mixed with the other half of the team setting up an ambush for the relocating enemy sniper. I have seen this type of event happen on every single multiplayer game that has a level with either low visibility, dense camoflauge, and stealth priorites. I highly suggest that this atleast be HEAVILY discussed between the developers of PR. It is going to take time to get the map finished, but I bet a team of standalone contributers with knowledge of map creation can pull this off within a few weeks. It is well worth the time and effort.

Re: How about a rainforest map?

that would be cool

Comment

Have you played Op Ghost Train or Mao Valley?

Comment

Yup -we have enough with Ghost and Mao.

Also Davexiii90, click here for some useful info.

Comment

Yes I have infact played the already released forest maps. Its sort of what I am geared towards, but the setup really destroys it. It is very hard to explain why unless you see a video of the map from socom 2. I will go and search for a clip of it.

Comment

I'd like to play a map that takes place in South America. It'd be different. That's for sure.

Maybe even something from Central Africa.

I'd also like to see a map from down in Southeast Asia, perhaps Vietnam/Indonesia.

We need triple canopy jungles!!

Comment

I would like more of a modern western urban map with sky scrapers or at least 10 story buildings

Comment

with more sand the better it is

maps like Mutra are verry popular so recomand BIG maps like Greasy mullet and BIG city maps that is what PR is all about REALITY!

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                  I would like more of a modern western urban map with sky scrapers or at least 10 story buildings
                  Would be awesome but would take a lot of work for the team/

Comment

Some of the maps on Eve of Destruction do it brilliantly, better, I would argue, than PR. I was playing one last night, something with 'Rain' in the title of the map, and it was brilliant. It's dark, it's raining heavily, visibility is poor and there's thick undergrowth... so tense!

PR could certainly do with more undergrowth, as the mentioned forest maps dont really capture the jungle like EOD. It's just a shame hardly any people play it

Comment

Working...
                    X