X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kit decision

hello me again
    ure probs getting sick of me but i need ure help again

over the last 6months ive been playin bf2 but hve never been on one specific kit.One day i could be medic and the next i could be sniper or anti-tankso because of this my stats r suffering

ive finally relised tht i need to stick to a specific kit to get good at it. The kit ive chosen is engineer but i was wondering if anyone has any tips for me.

Thankyou

Re: kit decision

Yeah ill give ya tips...ima gona edit this later with the tips...just gota think of em

Comment

To be honest mate, I will probably change kits eight or nine times during a round, depending on whats needed at the time by the squad i'm in.
      Engy is good with armour and assets etc but against personnel, it is only really good in close quarters because of the shotty.

Place your mines carefully, on blind spots like just over crests of hills or just around corners etc for the kills, but remember that mines can also direct enemy traffic in a certain direction too. An enemy in a vehicle of whatever type will tend to go around any mines that are seen, use that to your advantage, or use them to deny enemy vehicles access to areas/slip roads.

Comment

If your an engineer, chances are youll want to stay in a vehicle half of the time.

A good place would be on a hill far from combat, take for example Gulf of Oman. At the crane, near the jeep spawn, theres a hill overlooking the MEC base. That's a good place for an engineer with either a Tank or an Apc. However, its best not to use jets, as their a pain to land (as im sure you know.) Helicopters? Maybe.

And on foot, basically the mines should be used in choke points, or when you're about to be run over. Maybe sneak behind an apc/tank and drop a mine?

And then you can use the shotty to sneak up and shoot them in the back, or maybe sprint to them and open up hot lead?

Comment

Being limited to 1 kit is BAD. Even if you're the most pwnz0r assault player of all time, a tank will just come along and own you.

You need to practice on all kits, so you can adapt in any situation.

Comment

i think most folks amke their bones using SNiper class. :shakehead

but like the guys say - depends on the map.

Infantry only (IO) maps:
            • Support
            • Medic
            • Assault

and (choke!) Sniper...

WIth vehicles:
            • Engineer
            • Spec Ops
            • AT

You'll rake more points and see more action using these on those maps.

Of course, you could always spend a bahzillion hours learning to fly the planes n heli, then just ream everyone in any class.

But is it worth the RSI? :dead:

You're also right to try and get a feel for each class - play one of the recommended an entire game and see how it goes.

The idea's to have fun (isn't it??? ).

Comment

I love C4ing a tank, it's so fun.

Comment

Its annoying if your on the receiving end too.

Comment

Originally posted by sLuRbLe View Post
                  Being limited to 1 kit is BAD. Even if you're the most pwnz0r assault player of all time, a tank will just come along and own you.

You need to practice on all kits, so you can adapt in any situation.
                  This isnt the case. You need to learn where your kit is effective and where it isnt. That does not mean you cannot stick to one kit.
                  For example...
                  You play assault, you avoid the tanks, you fight infrantry and stay away from tanks. An expert assault would not try take on a tank lol.

Engineer is a bad choice for infrantry only, not because of the weapon types but because other classes such as the anti tanks, DAO is far more effective shotgun.

Oh yer and if you anti enermy base put mines under their vehicals so as soon as they start to move.. BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
                    Lol, I like your video.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley View Post
                      I love C4ing a tank, it's so fun.
                      thanks for that brilliant input to the thread, idiot.

And I'd say try to stick to another kit than engineer, if you are looking for better stats and more points. Try medic or support, probably the two kits that gives you most score naturally.

Comment

However, Engineer is ideal for armour whoring.

Sorry, what I meant to say was - ideal for providing much needed team support against enemies using armour.

Just like Snipers cover their team mates from other Snipers, and Support & Medic dudes drop you much needed baggies.

See this? Laugh? I almost bought me own beer!

Comment

Originally posted by PrototypeJC View Post
                          Lol, I like your video.
                          thank you :yay:

Comment

the thing is though ive seen some engineers who are out of tanks and still get 100+ round so maybe i just need to practice to be a good onfoot enginneer but guys i thnk u for ure tips. just wait when ure going dwn and u killed by and at mine saying u were killed by benno93

Comment

Tips & Tricks Post all your latest findings, guides, and map strats here.
                              Please do NOT request help here.

Comment

Working...
                              X