Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Figured out the Memory Dll error in vista :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figured out the Memory Dll error in vista :-)

Well I didn't but this guy did :-)

I did exactly what he described, and I've now run bf2 on high settings for about an hour now while loading at least 5 or 6 maps no ctd :-)

Re: Figured out the Memory Dll error in vista :-)

I literally just did the same thing.

Hasn't crashed on uber settings yet but I won't jinx it. Infact one server kicked me because of my bf2.exe, but the rest are fine.

What is your OS bit? 32 or 64?

Comment

Its vista home premium 64 bit. I haven't got kicked yet, but if I understand the fix correctly servers that are Punkbusted not Punkbuster while not work. But I've looked and punkbusted servers don't seem to be around too much, it looks like 90% of servers are punkbuster so we should be fine. I played another hour or so without a crash while loading a map nice :-)

Looks like I spoke to soon :-( I was playing in a game when I got a nice BSOD, something I never got before. I have to figure out what that was about. Other than that its been fine, I played for a good hour after that no problem....

Comment

Jinxed it, gave me a memory.dll.

Works so perfectly, 16AA,AF etc then crashes when loading a new map.

The guide I was looking at did say to set the pagefile to 3500, but I tried that before the .exe fix and it still crashed. So maybe, just maybe if I combine the upped pagefile with the .exe fix, it won't crash. No hope though, BF2 makes excuses to crash, has a spiteful mind of its own.

Comment

So has anyone figured out WHY these memory.dll errors are happening? Drivers? Vista/BF2? I am sure there are plently of people that play BF2 with vista with no issues. What is the common factor with all of us having this issue? I see alot of 8800 & Xfi sound cards with the people having this issue.

Comment

hey guys, im having the same prob. I have vista 64 and an 8800 gts. I can only play like two games and then i get the dll error. Since there is no directx10 games out there yet....I may switch back to xp. Bf2 is the only game i play now and it seems that its a vista prob.

Comment

For me its vista. I tried vista again, and sure enough when loading maps it crashes to the desktop. With Xp its rock solid. And like you I only play BF2 so vista for me right now is out of the question....

Comment

Working...
              X