Some Content Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Content Suggestion

So yeah I was thinking for a while now....being that PR has some big levels and really did a great job with the aircraft....I think that this mod is the perfect candidate for some heavy bombing aircraft. I would suggest the Rockwell B1B(/Lancer) Bomber.See link for details:http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/...ment/id/613431. The aircraft has been around for a while in real life, it has jet engines, can fly very fast, and carries a payload of cluster munitions for "Carpet Bombing". I would suggest that it be released for a large map such as Al Basrah, or any upcoming large desert maps. Strategy and realism should be included via testing how spawn times affect the amount of damage and suppression that can be made by the B1B's passes. I suggest the payload be limited to a large payload, with no reloads, to make the mission of the pilot in charge a serious and tactical/team-coordinated mission, thereby forcing the squad/team to work together 100% to make a succesful airstrike. The second aircraft I suggest is the Northrop Grumman B2 Bomber. Slow, yet quiet and loaded with a very small payload; the payload should consist of around 4 to 6 JDAMs, or any other similar ordinance equiped with an in-flight air brake(in other words the speed retarder that pops out on cluster bombs). The role would be to provide direct accurate support on heavy/fortified targets with minimal mis-guidance or collateral damage. There should only be one or two spawned per round. And last but not least, the F14 Tomcat should be included without a doubt; perfect plane for the time setting in the game, a beautiful aircraft, and great for close air/ground support. If included, please be sure to emphasize the long structure of the F14, because that ellongated look is what makes it look so bada**. I am very knoledgeable with military hardware, so feel free to discuss any aspects with me on the thread.

Re: Some Content Suggestion

I don't think planes are a bad idea, but to be honest, I don't think that any of the current missions require the use of a plane such as the 2 bombers you mentioned. Imagine a bomber laying death upon the West City time and time again it would be rediculous.

The only way it would work is if static AA were inplace, but then there would be more to worry about.

If more planes were added maps should be built to cater for them where Jets would be used as in real life.

Comment

I think its a great idea...butttttt;

PR NEEDS PROPER BOMBING SITES LIKE REAL PLANES FOR THAT!

And I want them, and the M16A4/ACOG

I love airplanes they are so fun!!! But in vBF2 they are overpowerd cause static AA needs to hit them 3 times to kill (which is SO D4Mn STUPID)

Comment

1) have you seen the hack that is being worked on that has a flight of 3 or 4 jects flying in a straight line overhead and either dropping a cluster of bombs or a spread of missiles. This is a proposed feature for bombing marked locations

2) have you seen the work being done on cluster bombs as A10 armanent?

3) Jets? you aint seen nothing yet. When PR v0.6 comes out, every man and his dog with an aviator stick is going to be downloading the build to play with the aircraft, because something big is coming your way and it's not simply the 17sqk maps!

4) anti air is also being tweaked too, so the flyboys won't have everything their way

Comment

Originally posted by [R-PUB]MrD View Post
          1) have you seen the hack that is being worked on that has a flight of 3 or 4 jects flying in a straight line overhead and either dropping a cluster of bombs or a spread of missiles. This is a proposed feature for bombing marked locations

2) have you seen the work being done on cluster bombs as A10 armanent?

3) Jets? you aint seen nothing yet. When PR v0.6 comes out, every man and his dog with an aviator stick is going to be downloading the build to play with the aircraft, because something big is coming your way and it's not simply the 17sqk maps!

4) anti air is also being tweaked too, so the flyboys won't have everything their way
          As long as us grunts on the ground have some means of retaliation, I'm happy!

Comment

Originally posted by VC_Resurrected View Post
            As long as us grunts on the ground have some means of retaliation, I'm happy!
            Here here! If anyone remembers the brilliant Desert Combat mod for 1942, they got it just about perfect, the stingers were excellent.

Comment

Oh boy, I love flying jets, and if something "big" is coming I'm ready! Man this is gona be sweeeeeeet!

Although I hate when someone thinks they are better then me take off with the jet I was going to grab and go get points, when I circle around high and once my SL gives me a destroy marker anything near that marker is going to have a 30 second WC break.

Comment

Originally Posted by [R-PUB]MrD

mesa thinks C-130

Comment

Well, since the open beta is out now and people already realise this, it's the 1k view distance on that 17sqk map and its 5k ceiling height for jets with 3D clouds to fly through and between!

Comment

Originally posted by [R-PUB]MrD
                    Well, since the open beta is out now and people already realise this, it's the 1k view distance on that 17sqk map and its 5k ceiling height for jets with 3D clouds to fly through and between!
                    First time I saw those clouds I was a happy bunny, barely any fogging without any noticable drop in performance on Kashan Desert I think it was. Great stuff :salute:

Comment

Working...
                    X