n00b :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n00b :P

I have been playing for a little while now i really like the game and was wandering whether i should update to special forces? do alot more people play special forces? is it better if so why?

also someone said the purple heart was bad what is bad about it?

Re: n00b :P

The purple heart basically means you die to much, somehow i have never got one and as for SF...well you kinda missed the boat ppl still play it but only play the same maps on it and you will mostly just find IO whores on Warlord of Ghost town if you do get it i highly recommend trying out all the maps and the night ones also they are really really great! but over all i would save your money

Comment

Also SF is laaaaggey

Comment

Hm I like AF more than SF, but you get no unlocks with SF (no problem for me)

Comment

SF is vey laggy for some reason i get like 20-40 FPS compared to vanilla where I get 75-100+ I only use it to get my unlocks for vanilla

Comment

SF is better for ground pounders and Infantry. Most maps are great, but GT and Warlord do get overplayed. It's still far less than the Karkand/Jalalabad combo though. Other SF maps are great too and a lot of servers are still running them. I also notice better quality players in SF overall vs. Vanilla.

Comment

Yer same, i also find i am the only person around here who likes night maps 0.o they are great! so yer if you do get it try out all the maps not just Warlord and Ghost town.

Comment

yeah im not sure if that many ppl play SF alot, but u do get some nice unlocks which u can use for vanilla

and i dont necessarily think that a purple heart is bad. i got one on purpose just to show that i have some medals. but dont get more than one,. IMO its pretty hard to get a 1:4 KD ratio unless ur just having a really bad day

Comment

I mean if your getting spanked and you grit your teeth and keep trying to fight your way through it....you can easily get a purple heart. I only have one but it was a situation where I REALLY wanted to take down a chopper who was raping our spawn with an AT round.

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan View Post
                    SF is better for ground pounders and Infantry. Most maps are great, but GT and Warlord do get overplayed. It's still far less than the Karkand/Jalalabad combo though. Other SF maps are great too and a lot of servers are still running them. I also notice better quality players in SF overall vs. Vanilla.
                    I agree, the class of player is far better on SF than vanilla. Leviathon is one of my favourite maps, in fact all the night maps are pretty good. You can still find quite a few servers but it is Warlord and Ghost town heavy.

Comment

No, less people play SF than BF2 or 2142 but it seems the people that do play SF are more skilled and more dedicated to the game. Sure there are plenty of servers with Warlord and Ghost Town on them but that's no different than with BF2 and Karkand and Jalalabad. As far as the SF unlocks, none of them are OMG uber weapons with the exception of the G36E Medic unlock. The L96A1 is a good sniper rifle but no better than the M24 IMO.

Comment

i would aslso say that the P90 is pretty good. i still have yet to unlock it but i see my brother use it alot and it looks pretty decent

Comment

SF is far better than Vanilla, if they would just fix the whole insta-proning, bunnyhopping and nade spamming it would be pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

deatheater, some advice- dont do what i did and try to get the purple heart. i thought 'oooh thats an easy medal to get'. it wasnt until i was a bit more experienced i worked out that it was actually a bad thing. if your still unsure wikipedia it.
                            i lolled at some of the criteria to receive it. or my personal favourite explanation of how you can't receive it,
                            "(c) Individuals injured as a result of their own negligence; for example, driving or walking through an unauthorized area known to have been mined or placed off limits or searching for or picking up unexploded munitions as war souvenirs, will not be awarded the Purple Heart as they clearly were not injured as a result of enemy action, but rather by their own negligence."

oh forgot this bit- SF is preferential. i happen to think it is great whereas people i know think it is a pile of poo and only got it for the unlocks. i'd say get it, you may like it and i doubt it will cost much now. and there is of course as i mentioned the 2nd tier of unlocks that you can get too.

Comment

I got a Purple Heart 3 times in one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X