Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch news

Doorstop writes:
    Patch work continues and work on .2 as well. The team is working hard on a few things to add into it. We figure that its only right to add a couple goodies into the patch because of the wait. Only fair. We have some new custom maps the mapping team has cooked up going into the next RC that we'll be testing.. The sounds for quite a few things have been redone. Lot of the vehicles got reworked sounds. The iraqi voice sounds did as well and some of the weapons did to. The guys are busy as ever. Also as I've let it be known in a few posts around here lately.. We have fixed the majority of the lag for most of the testers.. There are still a few getting it. We have a idea of it being the density settings on the UG or OG not sure exactly which one it was . Kiff is experimenting a bit with it. Some of our values were almost 10 times what they should have been. The collisions for the models have been gone over and are still being adjusted. However the big killers; the factory and the hangar are all fixed.

So we'll be doing a few more tests over the next comming week or weeks depending on what we find out.. Maybe sooner.. Maybe later. However we have sorted out alot of the issues and are working on testing them out.

Stay tuned for some more news later in the week.

Obviously, this isn’t everything. A lot of the community’s concerns have been addressed (weapon balance, Jets, arty etc..). If you have any questions, plz visit our site www.desert-conflict.org and this thread

Re: Patch news

THX for update - are the mostly-buried fences being replaced with actual barbed-wire? thx much.

Comment

Excellent, hopefully that will spark my interest in this mod again....loved it a ton for 3 weeks, then STALKER arrived, and I didnt have time, now Ive got the time, but need the spark of interest...

Comment

Man I hope it doesn't take too much longer guys. I am sure your working hard at it, but I don't want to see the numbers go to 0 one night. I don't know if a mod can come back from that. So far, the BF2 ones that have come before you haven't been able to hang on, even though they were good mods. :salute:

Comment

Thx for the work and time put into this.

I'd have sold the game ages ago if it wasn't for DC.

Comment

beautiful, i cant wait for this.

My major problem with DC is the massive lag i get, it'll be amazing once that problem is fixed.

Comment

This was posted over on the Desert Conflict forums by a DEV..

showNOmercy
              DCON Dev

There are circumstances that have led to the patch taking this long, a major part of the patch has to do with the statics. Anyone who has modded BF2 and played with light mapping statics knows that you cannot change a static without redoing the light maps for it and anything it's close to. This is in some cases requiring entire maps being re-light mapped. We understand your frustrations, believe me I understand all to well. We absolutely appreciate your continued support and want you to know that it will not be for nothing, we still have big plans for DCON on the BF2 engine and will continue to develop more for you all.

I think we fell a bit short of keeping the community informed of our status and situation and for that we apologize, I know how it must feel to sit by and have to wait without any knowledge of whats going on. Believe me that we're hard at work buttoning up this patch, if we have the time to get some new content ready in time then we'll try to incorporate it, if it could hold up the patch it will have to wait for the next RC. I'm taking this very seriously, I want this patch out 3 weeks ago but certain circumstances have caused delays. Real life is one of those circumstances which I'm sure most can relate.

I still think this is the best community out there even if certain entire chunks assume things and drop us like a bad habit! rofl. cough.. the French don site.. ** cough. **cough..

I hope this clears things up for you all, we are not waiting on new content to release this patch, we're trying to get 'er done asap.

Comment

Working...
              X