Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Look at this server

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
    the name means nothing, server owners do that in order to fill rooms.
    Yes, I believe unless the admins actually kick people who try to actually play the game it isn't considered a stat-padding server. Same with "knife and pistol" servers; if everyone on the server happens to agree to use only those weapons there's no problem. If anyone using other weapons gets kicked then it's breaking the rules. (The individuals doing the padding could still get their stats wiped though and I would expect those servers would be more closely monitored than most.)

Comment

Someone define Padding for me exactly.

P.S., My god that's probably Support hell. "Ammo! Here!" every 5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Oaf Hamper View Post
        Someone define Padding for me exactly.

P.S., My god that's probably Support hell. "Ammo! Here!" every 5 seconds.
        stat padding is exploiting the game mechanics to gain points....the most common way of doing it, that ive even witnessed, is to have three guys, for example, two MEC, and one USMC, one USMC kills one MEC, the other MEC revives.....they do this continously for a round making huge score....

other ways to do this is for two engineers to drive vodniks into water until they start taking damage, if they are next to each other, they will automatically repair eachothers vehicle, giving them continuous repair ppoints all round.......the ways in which people can stat pad are endless.....instead of discovering new techniques to better their gameplay and tactics, they discover new inventive and creative ways to exploit the game mechanics for points....

Comment

Well crap..

On Saturday I was doing padding, but not on purpose. I kept getting sniped by this guy at train accident, and I was SL so one of my SM's kept reviving me over and over. He revived me about 10 times or so.

I wasn't trying to make it happen. I was just like "STOP KILLING ME *******" and I finally got up and capped his *** under the train, then me and my buddy moved along.

Comment

Originally posted by Oaf Hamper View Post
            Well crap..

On Saturday I was doing padding, but not on purpose. I kept getting sniped by this guy at train accident, and I was SL so one of my SM's kept reviving me over and over. He revived me about 10 times or so.

I wasn't trying to make it happen. I was just like "STOP KILLING ME *******" and I finally got up and capped his *** under the train, then me and my buddy moved along.
            That's not padding, but it is a common occurence...

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike
              That's not padding, but it is a common occurence...
              It was padding for the guy who kept sniping me, and my squad member, but like I said it was totally unintentional. He kept sniping ME and not my Medic friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Oaf Hamper
                It was padding for the guy who kept sniping me, and my squad member, but like I said it was totally unintentional. He kept sniping ME and not my Medic friend.

thats not padding, its what we call 'corpse camping' losers do it because they cant score kills offa living enemies

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp View Post
                  thats not padding, its what we call 'corpse camping' losers do it because they cant score kills offa living enemies
                  yes of course because keeping enemy troops down would make it far too easy to win

Comment

Originally posted by .BB.(Light|Bred) View Post
                    yes of course because keeping enemy troops down would make it far too easy to win
                    lol ur joking right?

ur saying that keeping that one guy down only long enough to get revived, again and again, is better than killing the medic, costing them two tickets instead of one, and killing more active enemies? i dont get how that is....

lets face it, at that point, its just trying to score easy points, has nothing to do with keeping an enemy down...its just the easiets way to kill someone.....its cheap

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA ....over 200 points! ...and its only good for 7th!

I would see those points, and avoid like the plague. There is no way to go in there and play legitimately. Which is all ever I ask for.

Comment

I like the server provider.....they obviously dont care

Comment

Originally posted by Aliask View Post
                          I dont have any experience with these kinds of servers but wouldnt they put the spawn time as like 3 seconds or something? wouldnt that speed up the padding? I only know you can change this because a DCON server I frequent has their spawn time as 3 seconds.
                          You cant change the spawn time on ranked servers, and padding is pointless unless its ranked

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
                          the name means nothing, server owners do that in order to fill rooms.
                          I hope your don't honestly think that......

Comment

haha if you check their stats their k/d ratio is still complete garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMafia View Post
                              You cant change the spawn time on ranked servers, and padding is pointless unless its ranked

I hope your don't honestly think that......
                              Power's right. A LOT of servers put, "High Points." "Long Rounds."
                              Not every server that says, "K&P only" really is. They just know that people will come by either to pad or to look for people to report. And usually, that's what they get. Losers or the losers who try to report them. Goofy.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                                lol ur joking right?

ur saying that keeping that one guy down only long enough to get revived, again and again, is better than killing the medic, costing them two tickets instead of one, and killing more active enemies? i dont get how that is....

lets face it, at that point, its just trying to score easy points, has nothing to do with keeping an enemy down...its just the easiets way to kill someone.....its cheap
                                has nothing to do with points sir genius as i RARELY PLAY RANKED

it only makes sense to throw a nade or continue to fire on a group of downed soldiers rather than just stand there and allow a medics to revive everyone so you have to deal with the same thing over again.

Comment

Working...
                                X