Can't Start game....PLZ help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Start game....PLZ help.

I am having an issue with BF2. What is going on is that when I log on everything is Ok. Then after I pick a server to play in it seems as if it loads it. Then the problem, the spawn screen opens up like normal, but then it freezes. I cant move my mouse, strike a key, hit enter......Nothing. it freezes everytime, with my mouse pointer in the same position. I can't even hit the esc. button and go back. I have to CTR. Alt. Del. to get out of the dang screen. I have tried to uninstall, then reinstall. Same problem. I don't have any new gear......The only thing is, it seems to have started just after I downloaded the latest version of desert conflict. I didnt see any issuses with the Mod, so I dont think that can be it??? Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. I just don't know what else to do.

Thanks, catagory5

Re: Can't Start game....PLZ help.

What are your system specs?

Are u behind a firewall, this usually happens when the client is trying to connect to the EA server but cannot therefor will appear to freeze the screen.

Comment

yeah wat are ur specs

and just wondering but did u check to make sure ur key bindings were deleted....go to options>controls and then select set to default

Comment

I am on a P4 2.8 Ht, Radeon 9800 pro 256, 2 gigs mem, Belkin nostramos b52 gamepad, Razer Copperhead, X-fi xtremegamer.....Windows xp SP2. Never had a problem until I loaded Desert Conflict. After I loaded that I tried to go in and play it and I could never play again after that.

Update heree is a error I am getting now: Mods/bf2/shaders/staticmesh.fx not found!!! _do_check your working directory, _and_sync your shaders folders defore calling upon your local rendering programs gp. (really)

word for word. It even has that smug (really) at the end....What is this and what should I do? I am at the point to where I just want to play. Even if that means wiping all of Bf2 and its profiles, components, etc etc.....What can I do to just play? I am jonesing over here......

Thanks

Comment

hmmm try to reinstall it maybe?

Comment

Yeah Ive done that. Once. Something that is fishy is that when I go into explorer I have battlefield 2 entry THEN I have a battlefield 2 (2) entry. Like I have a reintall or a partial renstall over one another??? I did some googling and that error has been around for a while but no one seems to have a decent answer for it. I dont know if I need to contact EA or what.........

Comment

Ok...have heard of that error message. You have to go back and reinstall all the patches. I think 1.4 is the bugger, but not sure. I recommend reinstalling them all from 1.3, 1.4, and 1.41. In that order. that should do the trick ...I think ConscriptVirus hit on your original problem, even after the reinstall, if you chose to save settings and profiles. Now, since you reinstalled, you have a patch issue, and still may want to look at control settings once ingame. GL

Comment

@ (TM)KillJoy

Thanks!!! I will, when I get home, Install all the patches like you said. I assumed that if you installed 1.41 you dont have to install any of the other ones. When I started playing like 3 months ago all I did then was install 1.41 and loaded it up. Seemed to work like a charm up until a few days ago. Anyway, I will try what you said and get back if I have anymore problems.

Thanks Mate!!!!

well an update.
                I tried to install the patches in the proper order, then I tired again to run Bf2. No luck. I Had to manually uninstall bf2 and special forces and all its files. Then I had to reinstall, then apply 1.41 patch. It seems to be running fine at the moment. I just can't wait until Cyrsis is about here and I can get my new rig going!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X