Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do i fix these artifacts?

M8,

I had a similar issue a little while ago and this is what I fixed :yay: for me:

* START-->Settings-->Control Panel
    * Dble/click "Display" Icon... Goto the Troubleshoot TAB and on that page you will see:

Enable Write Combining

with a tick box next to it, and I think you will find that it is ticked.

Remove the tick, click OK.
    I'm not sure from memory, but I think you'll have to reboot and you should be fine.

Reply and let me know if this worked for you.

Cheers

:salute:

Comment

Also, make sure you delete your cache. If you've got bad textures stuck in there, no amount of tweaking is going to fix it.

70 is not hot for silicon. 75 isn't hot. 80 is getting warm. I mis-installed my hsf on my x1950xt, and the first time I fired up Oblivion and ran around for a couple of minutes, the card triggered a system reboot, right after it hit 108C (yes, Celsius). Reseated HSF on card, card working fine now at 83C (it's a fast, hot card).

It's most likely not a PSU issue, either.

Delete the files under

My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

This will force the textures to reload the next time you load a map, and I would bet more than a penny (but less than a quarter) that it solves your problem.

Comment

ok ty guys...if this works i am forever entitled to your commands lol

...it didnt work :cry:

Comment

i am thinking about a total reformat soon...hopefully then all of my crap will be fixed. but before i do that does anyone else have any suggestions

Comment

I am still compelled to think its a heat thing. A quick easy cooling solution may be enough, a cable tie and an 80mm fan cost about 2 quid and you can manipulate the fan so as to direct air right onto the gfx card and even that will knock 5-10 degrees off and it least it may eliminate that possible cause.

Comment

Originally posted by cookmeup272

so whats a good name brand psu?
              Any of these brands are top notch:

Akasa, Tagan, Hiper, Coolermaster, OCZ, Corsair

Comment

ok well im really getting to the point of a reformat. my computer is becoming fubar. then if that doesnt work ill probably get a different psu.

Comment

Working...
                X