Clear All

• can somebody please help me with snipeing

i have played bf2 for a while but im still not a good sniper

i really want to be a good one but i really dont know how

can somebody please help me!!!!!!!!

Re: can somebody please help me with snipeing

Comment

Aim for the bad guy and pull the trigger.

Just kidding. Sniping is complicated. You need to find a quiet spot where you can lay down and shoot people that they will have to spend a few moments searching for you. Once you're there, you'll need to be sure you're aware of your latency (lag). If you have a decent latency (70-150ms) aim for the person you want dead. Any higher and you will need to lead them a little.

Comment

if on any grassy map keep low, snipers are near impossible to spot even in medium height grass, aim your shots, take your time and go for the head
        UNLOCK THE L96 ASAP!!!!

Comment

If you really want to rack up the kills, join a squad with support and medic. Claymore flags where you know enemy is attacking. After you get the kills, get more ammo from support guy. Rinse and repeat. On a good map with a good squad you should get at least 30 kills per round.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Overlord-ehT
            if on any grassy map keep low, snipers are near impossible to spot even in medium height grass, aim your shots, take your time and go for the head
            UNLOCK THE L96 ASAP!!!!
            Not true, the grass doesn't render from long distances <- So do this in a dip, or with something behind you

Comment

Originally posted by н Ψ в Я і D ọ M д View Post
              Not true, the grass doesn't render from long distances <- So do this in a dip, or with something behind you
              You know this doesnt sound like a big deal but its so annoying to me. I pick out a spot where I know im hid, only to realize all that nice long grass doesnt show up on his end. I dont snipe that much though so I can afford to spend time finding a workable spot.

Comment

point the dangerous end at the arab guy and pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by james_1991-fight View Post
                  point the dangerous end at the arab guy and pull the trigger.
                  especially if your on MEC...

Comment

Originally posted by The-Overlord-ehT
                    UNLOCK THE L96 ASAP!!!!
                    I hate people who say that the L96 is required for sniping. If you are good with the M24, they are basically the same gun. And if you are good with the SVD (as in, you can get headshots consecutively), I bet it is better than the L96 and M95.

Comment

I don't know the name of the Chinese sniper rifle but it's BADASS. Aim for the head and you can take a second shot quickly if the bullet drops.

Comment

Originally posted by PleshDawkter
                        I don't know the name of the Chinese sniper rifle but it's BADASS. Aim for the head and you can take a second shot quickly if the bullet drops.
                        Indeed, it is the exact same gun as the SVD, but the sights are much better.

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr View Post
                          I hate people who say that the L96 is required for sniping. If you are good with the M24, they are basically the same gun. And if you are good with the SVD (as in, you can get headshots consecutively), I bet it is better than the L96 and M95.
                          I didn't say the L96 was REQUIRED I said to unlock it ASAP because its excellent, sights, accuracy, everything
                          you use any rifle to snipe with in fact I don't even have the L96 yet I'm still working towards it I use the M95 or SVD both are good but need prone to get a direct hit most of the time

Comment

hmm...i'm actually thinking about writing my own guide, but here are some general things:

there is bullet drop and travel time. aim carefully.
                            each gun has its advantages and disadvantages.
                            find a place where you can have a nice clear line of sight towards the battle.
                            when you're prone, make sure you have something behind you (a bush, part of a building, etc.). this makes you less noticeable. also, a target that moves is a lot easier to spot than one that doesn't move. try to stay still.
                            use your whole kit. claymores are your best friend, and the knife is handy in close quarters.
                            be patient. don't take shots you think you might miss. if they see a muzzle flash, they know where you are.
                            be aware of the opposing team's commander scanning the area where you are. if he sees an enemy not moving, he'll spot you out or even drop artillery on you.

that's it for now, if i think of anything else, i'll be sure to post it.

Comment

.....aim for the head......... simple as that

Comment

Working...
                              X