About GUID BAN.. different from other posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About GUID BAN.. different from other posts

i read the thread about gettin GLOBAL GUID BAN after reinstallin the game...

so the same thing happened to me, i reinstalled the game after 2-3 months and i got that punkbuster global guid ban 9ec60d3a.

i think that my cd key got compromised or something cuse i never instaled cheats of any kind. There were two times that my bro used my pc i dont know if he downloaded a keylogger or something.

i did some research and came up with the following screenshot:

my ID is cuvo...does that mean that ALL that ppl got a hand on my cd key? or they are ppl banned for the same reason? (wouldnt make any sense cuse i never used cheats)

im downloadin Americas Army right now to check if i got the hardware ban guid or just a cd key ban.

anyways, my main question is: all those ppl in the screenshot somehow got my cd key? and if im not hardware banned i just have to get a new one and everything will be good again?

cheers

Re: About GUID BAN.. different from other posts

i think that my cd key got compromised or something
    Check the date on the first ban on that GUID (#9),

July 23, 2005

So if your cd-key was compromised, it has been all but since the game was released. BTW all those bans in that screen shot really don't mean much, just means that they can't play on servers that use/stream to Punksbusted. Only Punkbuster can issue global cd-key/hardware bans.

Also do you happen to live in or around St. Louis Mi,

as that is where the IP for those bans shows as being.

and if im not hardware banned i just have to get a new one and everything will be good again?
    Correct. If it is a hardware ban the only way out of it is not only a new game but a new computer. either that or you only play on non-PB enabled servers.

Comment

thanks for the reply... today i logged in on Americas army without any PB problem so i guess i just have to get a new battlefield 2 cd key and i will be able to play on PB enabled server again right?

Comment

Correct.

Just whatever you do avoid getting it from ebay or used at all costs. Your best (and cheapest) option would be the following,

Comment

Working...
        X